Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tonyz and 43 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by SWM   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:19 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd sure like the POV of the bridge crew during Honor's and Klaus' confrontation aboard ship.

You just know that every single crew member was seething mad and if not foaming at the mouth, they were foaming at the mind.

Actually, I expect that very few of the general ship crew knew it was happening. The bridge crew probably knew, but they didn't know what was being said. Since I'm certain that they never found out what was said, I don't think they were seething mad, before or after the incident. I think they just grinned to themselves thinking about how their captain (now that they had come to approve of her) would react to this guy.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:
cthia wrote:
I'd sure like the POV of the bridge crew during Honor's and Klaus' confrontation aboard ship.

You just know that every single crew member was seething mad and if not foaming at the mouth, they were foaming at the mind.

Actually, I expect that very few of the general ship crew knew it was happening. The bridge crew probably knew, but they didn't know what was being said. Since I'm certain that they never found out what was said, I don't think they were seething mad, before or after the incident. I think they just grinned to themselves thinking about how their captain (now that they had come to approve of her) would react to this guy.

Actually textev stated in certainty that the bridge crew probably knew, from Honor's own thoughts. In the second paragraph I was still referring to the bridge crew, continuing from context. I should have made that clearer.

You may be right about their POV, or I could, since, well, we were not given the POV. But, as I assimilated it, by the solidarity shown in their mannerisms when Harrington and Hauptman walked back through headed for the lift; yep, they were pissed.

And remember, McKeon definitely was pissed. His anger that Hauptman would try to bully Honor is what brought him around. And the bridge would have mirrored his emotions. After all, they were his bridge crew first.

Honor even mused she was proud that the crew, though respectfully, showed exactly what they had thought of Hauptman by their mannerisms, in the fact that they ignored him. I think she even inwardly chuckled.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to have the POV of this particular meeting of minds ...

Sword Intelligence + ONI + NavInt

...all sitting in a room formally comparing notes and brainstorming. They just might know more than they think.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:26 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to have the POV of Warner Caslet and Alfredo Yu each time they had to blow RHN ships (and possibly friends and family) into so much space debris.

That had to be a copper-plated Cordelia Ransom each and every time.

Edit:
RMN ships to RHN, indeed. Thanks stewart.

Ay, caramba! :oops:
Last edited by cthia on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by stewart   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 am

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:I'd like to have the POV of Warner Caslet and Alfredo Yu each time they had to blow RMN ships (and possibly friends and family) into so much space debris.

That had to be a copper-plated Cordelia Ransom each and every time.

-------------

I would suspect you mean PN / RHN ships, not RMN

-- Stewart
Post by stewart   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 am

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:I'd sure like the POV of the bridge crew during Honor's and Klaus' confrontation aboard ship.

----------------

Their 1st confrontation at Basilisk, was private with only McKeon as witness.
Their 2nd confrontation, while Honor was on Wayfarer (HAE) was likely known by the bridge crews of both Artemis and Wayfarer; but that was resolved a few chapters later as Hauptmann recognized his series of errors.

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:24 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like the POV of Shannon Foraker, in her earlier years showing us what fire she was forged in, what made her into a tac-witch extraordinaire.

We had that detail of Honor, from beginning to end. And we saw her grow. What was Shannon's first assignment, and how did she make it known that she'd be a force to reckon with would be a welcome POV. Perhaps even a short story.

A short story, perhaps entitled Shannon's Follies, which blossomed into her brilliance by story end.

Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Shannon Foraker, in her earlier years showing us what fire she was forged in, what made her into a tac-witch extraordinaire.

We had that detail of Honor, from beginning to end. And we saw her grow. What was Shannon's first assignment, and how did she make it known that she'd be a force to reckon with would be a welcome POV. Perhaps even a short story.

A short story, perhaps entitled Shannon's Follies, which blossomed into her brilliance by story end.

Please stop throwing out ideas that RFC might write. I'd really like him to finish the approx 87 series he already has, before he starts any more :D
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Shannon Foraker, in her earlier years showing us what fire she was forged in, what made her into a tac-witch extraordinaire.

Please stop throwing out ideas that RFC might write. I'd really like him to finish the approx 87 series he already has, before he starts any more :D

Any other Haven character is going to have to get in line behind my girl (aka Eloise) and her life story, kthxbai. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Vince   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:I'd like to have the POV of this particular meeting of minds ...

Sword Intelligence + ONI + NavInt

...all sitting in a room formally comparing notes and brainstorming. They just might know more than they think.

I would add Anton Zilwicki and Ruth Winton to that meeting.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.

Return to Honorverse