Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 54 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:39 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:snip

What's that saying that my niece is so fond of? "Necessity is the mother of invention." I guess that makes Foraker a real mother! :lol:

fallsfromtrees wrote:Not is Rose has her way and hooks up Shannon and Sonja - without some serious genetic intervention :mrgreen:
cthia wrote:Not necessarily. They can still seek the much needed help of a willing surrogate father - like, well, ME!

But who might they want as the donor, and which would bear?

Bolding mine. Not without a help from Jasper Fforde and Thursday Next.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Hutch   » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

One I thought of while revisiting Crown of Slaves...I wish I could see the faces of the OFS/FF/Collaborators on the Mfecane (sp) worlds of Ndebele and Zulu as they get word of what Thandi Palane has acomplished. I'm sure that they are doing their best to make sure the proles on those two worlds never hear a thing, but they have to be thinking that one of these days she could be coming over the hyper wall for them...with a couple of GA BatSqds behind her....

Probably something we'll never see in the books, but I do like to imagine it...
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:One I thought of while revisiting Crown of Slaves...I wish I could see the faces of the OFS/FF/Collaborators on the Mfecane (sp) worlds of Ndebele and Zulu as they get word of what Thandi Palane has acomplished. I'm sure that they are doing their best to make sure the proles on those two worlds never hear a thing, but they have to be thinking that one of these days she could be coming over the hyper wall for them...with a couple of GA BatSqds behind her....

Delicious food for thought Hutch.

The grapevine is hard to control. I'm thinking that the proles already know that the uncertain legend of the great Thandi Palane just might bear some semblance of truth. And it is something that keeps them going, much like the legend of the great Salamander had reached even into Hades.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:47 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:
Hutch wrote:One I thought of while revisiting Crown of Slaves...I wish I could see the faces of the OFS/FF/Collaborators on the Mfecane (sp) worlds of Ndebele and Zulu as they get word of what Thandi Palane has acomplished. I'm sure that they are doing their best to make sure the proles on those two worlds never hear a thing, but they have to be thinking that one of these days she could be coming over the hyper wall for them...with a couple of GA BatSqds behind her....

Delicious food for thought Hutch.

The grapevine is hard to control. I'm thinking that the proles already know that the uncertain legend of the great Thandi Palane just might bear some semblance of truth. And it is something that keeps them going, much like the legend of the great Salamander had reached even into Hades.

Even more fun yet.... Here's Victor!
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by cthia   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Honor Among Enemies
Honor fought her way out of her buckled shock frame and whirled. Nimitz's safety straps had snapped, and he floated limply away from her in the sudden zero-gravity. But he was alive; she knew he was, and she gasped in relief as a shaky Andrew LaFollet snagged the unconscious 'cat and dragged him close. She took him from her armsman and used one of the broken straps to lash him to the shoulder grab ring on her own suit, then turned to her ship and her crew.

Or what was left of them.

Two-thirds of her bridge crew

I'd like the POV of Nimitz's first experience with zero gravity ...

<WHAT THE FUCCCCK! HEY! HEY HEY HEY! SOMEBODY GET ME DOWN!>

... and the memory song depicting it.

... and the younger treecats laughing at the memory song of his predicament.

No wonder Nimitz was a prankster. Only a treecat with his sort of sense of humor can laugh to keep from crying and shitting his pants at the excrement he's seen, witnessed, felt and experienced.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by warspite1515   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:48 am

warspite1515
Ensign

fallsfromtrees wrote:
cthia wrote:snip

What's that saying that my niece is so fond of? "Necessity is the mother of invention." I guess that makes Foraker a real mother! :lol:

Not is Rose has her way and hooks up Shannon and Sonja - without some serious genetic intervention :mrgreen:

New to the posting forum -- spent the last three hours gleefuly reading the POV's (and other ideas) from all of you. :mrgreen:

One thing to point out fallsfromtrees: the speculation is the box of toys Sonja and Shannon would create to deal with MAN/Sollies would be incredible; imagine what they might engineer for ... other ... pursuits :lol: Personally, I'm in the Shannon/Scotty camp, but I have to admit it might be fun to find out! Also, we have to find someone for Eloise ...

Other Must haves (at some point) ...

Honor, Nimitz, and Lester T. talking about the Terpes incident
Honor, Nimitz, and Shannon finally getting a chance to talk after all this time ....
Shannon needs to get adopted (I know, I know, treecats don't choose, it just happens ... but you have to think the memory songs from Nimitz on Shannon caring for him on the Tepes has to count for something, right?)
The conversation between Rafe and Haven One when Eloise first arrives at Trevor's Star (just re-read Mission of Honor -- that had to be a good one)

And a debate question ... who's got the worse meeting in store:
the potential suitor for Abigail (Mateo and Steadholder Owens) or Helen (Anton)? While I respect Mateo and the Steadholder ... Anton in Grim Mountain Dwarf mode regarding his daughter would be hilarious to read ....

There's never a furry minion around when you need one.
Post by warspite1515   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:51 am

warspite1515
Ensign

cthia wrote:Honor Among Enemies
Honor fought her way out of her buckled shock frame and whirled. Nimitz's safety straps had snapped, and he floated limply away from her in the sudden zero-gravity. But he was alive; she knew he was, and she gasped in relief as a shaky Andrew LaFollet snagged the unconscious 'cat and dragged him close. She took him from her armsman and used one of the broken straps to lash him to the shoulder grab ring on her own suit, then turned to her ship and her crew.

Or what was left of them.

Two-thirds of her bridge crew

I'd like the POV of Nimitz's first experience with zero gravity ...

<WHAT THE FUCCCCK! HEY! HEY HEY HEY! SOMEBODY GET ME DOWN!>

... and the memory song depicting it.

... and the younger treecats laughing at the memory song of his predicament.

No wonder Nimitz was a prankster. Only a treecat with his sort of sense of humor can laugh to keep from crying and shitting his pants at the excrement he's seen, witnessed, felt and experienced.

Here's another one ... imagine the conversations between Sam and Nimitz regarding pranks. And potential targets ... like Hamish?

There's never a furry minion around when you need one.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

warspite1515 wrote:New to the posting forum -- spent the last three hours gleefuly reading the POV's (and other ideas) from all of you. :mrgreen:

One thing to point out fallsfromtrees: the speculation is the box of toys Sonja and Shannon would create to deal with MAN/Sollies would be incredible; imagine what they might engineer for ... other ... pursuits :lol: Personally, I'm in the Shannon/Scotty camp, but I have to admit it might be fun to find out! Also, we have to find someone for Eloise ...

Honor, Nimitz, and Shannon finally getting a chance to talk after all this time ....
Shannon needs to get adopted (I know, I know, treecats don't choose, it just happens ... but you have to think the memory songs from Nimitz on Shannon caring for him on the Tepes has to count for something, right?)
The conversation between Rafe and Haven One when Eloise first arrives at Trevor's Star (just re-read Mission of Honor -- that had to be a good one)

the potential suitor for Abigail (Mateo and Steadholder Owens) or Helen (Anton)? While I respect Mateo and the Steadholder ... Anton in Grim Mountain Dwarf mode regarding his daughter would be hilarious to read ....

Welcome to the forums. Enjoys a virtual Old Tilman (or your libation of choice).

Some great suggestions there in your post; especially love the first couple.
Post by JeffEngel   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:06 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

warspite1515 wrote:Also, we have to find someone for Eloise ...

Eloise has Thomas Theisman. Yes yes, neither of them quite realize it yet, but they've been distracted. One day!
Post by Vince   » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:44 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

warspite1515 wrote:New to the posting forum -- spent the last three hours gleefuly reading the POV's (and other ideas) from all of you. :mrgreen:

Minor quibble: Nimitz can't share the memory of Shannon caring for him in a memory song, because he suffered damage to his telepathic transmitter when one of the State Security troopers hit his mid-pelvis with the butt of his pulse rifle. He can only share the information through treecat sign language and his empathetic sense (which was not affected).

As for potential suitors, you forgot that Queen Berry is Anton's adopted daughter. Although if she does go for Hugh Arai as a suitor, it brings up images of Grim Mountain Dwarf meeting Grim Mountain Giant.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.

Return to Honorverse