Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Vince wrote:
cthia wrote:I'd like to have the POV of this particular meeting of minds ...

Sword Intelligence + ONI + NavInt

...all sitting in a room formally comparing notes and brainstorming. They just might know more than they think.

I would add Anton Zilwicki and Ruth Winton to that meeting.

and Victor Cachat.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by saber964   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:30 pm

saber964
Admiral

The POV of the SD bridges during the 'Oops' moment
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:36 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:The POV of the SD bridges during the 'Oops' moment

Oh yes! Probably something like ...
:o Hot damn, did she dooo tha-at?!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:
cthia wrote:
I'd like to have the POV of this particular meeting of minds ...

...all sitting in a room formally comparing notes and brainstorming. They just might know more than they think.

I would add Anton Zilwicki and Ruth Winton to that meeting.

fallsfromtrees wrote:and Victor Cachat.

Nice call guys. And Honor Harrington too. Honor has a way of assimilating information that she should either patent or teach. Point is, with all of the heavy hitters of intel together and comparing notes, I have confidence that the MALign would be exposed from the mounds and mounds of collected and overlooked data. The small details, that meant nothing to one, but to someone else...?

Would Honor and Cachat be allowed to sit in on such a session? Would they have the necessary clearance?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by JeffEngel   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:46 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

cthia wrote:Nice call guys. And Honor Harrington too. Honor has a way of assimilating information that she should either patent or teach. Point is, with all of the heavy hitters of intel together and comparing notes, I have confidence that the MALign would be exposed from the mounds and mounds of collected and overlooked data. The small details, that meant nothing to one, but to someone else...?

Would Honor and Cachat be allowed to sit in on such a session? Would they have the necessary clearance?

If they don't, they should. They so very much should. Anton certainly, as the analytic work is his cup of tea and he's been point on shining the light on the Alignment for years. Victor... well, Victor's been the sharp edge of that point, but not the analyst of the pair. Still, he can bring a field operative's perspective, he can offer excellent briefs on Mesa that those bodies probably do not have in copious quantity, and if he's going to get bumped out of the field for being too notorious ("Black Victor!"), it's good professional development for him to sit in.

If they haven't the seniority in Manticoran or Havenite service, they can get Torch credentials at least as fast as they need them.
Post by stewart   » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:37 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
saber964 wrote:The POV of the SD bridges during the 'Oops' moment

Oh yes! Probably something like ...
:o Hot damn, did she dooo tha-at?!

-------------

Keep in mind that Lester and the others were watching the State Sec messenger until the SS SD's turned to plasma.

That was in spite of their intentionally keeping Shannon out of the information loop.

Shannon had OBVIOUSLY applied her analytical abilities to arenas outside the purely tactical realm.

-- Stewart
Post by Hutch   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:31 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Vince wrote:I would add Anton Zilwicki and Ruth Winton to that meeting.

fallsfromtrees wrote: and Victor Cachat.

And Kevin Usher. Along with maybe Benton Ramirez-Chou.

The brainpower in that meeting would approach awesome.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:58 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:

Vince wrote:I would add Anton Zilwicki and Ruth Winton to that meeting.

fallsfromtrees wrote: and Victor Cachat.

And Kevin Usher. Along with maybe Benton Ramirez-Chou.

The brainpower in that meeting would approach awesome.

Approach? Its so far past awesome that it can no longer see it in the rearview mirror.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Festival   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Festival
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

cthia wrote:I'd like the POV of Shannon Foraker, in her earlier years showing us what fire she was forged in, what made her into a tac-witch extraordinaire.

We had that detail of Honor, from beginning to end. And we saw her grow. What was Shannon's first assignment, and how did she make it known that she'd be a force to reckon with would be a welcome POV. Perhaps even a short story.

A short story, perhaps entitled Shannon's Follies, which blossomed into her brilliance by story end.

Thank you for saving me the effort of writing the "I wish" post I'd have otherwise had to write (except I'll probably prattle on just as long in this reply)! Shannon Foraker is one of my favorite characters in the Honorverse, despite her relative lack of "screen time." She's the Honorverse's Luna* Lovegood, an outwardly disconnected, more-than-a-little-odd person with absolutely vast depths.

Shannon's experience in Haven's version of her "middy cruise?" Yes, please. Shannon in combat action at the height of her "tac witch" powers? You bet'cha. A "day in the life" story set at Bolthole, preferably after Admiral Hemphill's arrival, replete with Shannon's doubtless odd but deeply insightful reflections on what has led to that point? Oh, what I'd give for that...

*Luna Lovegood is Rowling's finest character creation, as good an example of the "wise fool" character archetype as exists.
Post by timmopussycat   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:23 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

various ones wrote:I'd like the POV of Shannon Foraker, in her earlier years showing us what fire she was forged in, what made her into a tac-witch extraordinaire.

We had that detail of Honor, from beginning to end. And we saw her grow. What was Shannon's first assignment, and how did she make it known that she'd be a force to reckon with would be a welcome POV. Perhaps even a short story.

A short story, perhaps entitled Shannon's Follies, which blossomed into her brilliance by story end.

[quote=roseandheather]Any other Haven character is going to have to get in line behind my girl (aka Eloise) and her life story, kthxbai. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Anybody want to bet against one or both stories being covered in the upcoming House of Lies?

Return to Honorverse