Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests

Point of View: Wishes and Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Point of View: Wishes and Likes
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

I agree with others, great topic.
Forvie my spelling, She'en Liu Andermon, The Imperial Cousin.
Really anything Anderman, I find them interesting
Post by cthia   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Commodore Oakius wrote:
I agree with others, great topic.
Forvie my spelling, She'en Liu Andermon, The Imperial Cousin.
Really anything Anderman, I find them interesting

Chien Lu's would be an interesting POV. Perhaps we can find something out about the MALign progress.

I also like the little political spitfire in Cathy Montaigne. What a firecracker. A day in the political maneuverings of Cathy. The POV duo of Cathy and Anton was an RFC gift.

I like Emily's POV as well, concerning politics. I always thought she could have become an even bigger political influence if she wanted.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by stewart   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:36 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Two other points of view, although not as interesting as several already mentioned, would be

(1) Viewpoint from one of the Hades prisoners who had remained behind. Originally imprisoned by INSEC, then continued by StateSec and released by the revived RH. I could see this as similar to Solynitzen's "Ivan Denisovitch"

(2) Viewpoint of the Ex-Baron High Ridge, from prison, having seen all his schemes and maneuvering collapsed.
He would truly be Les Miserable; but likely blaming others.

-- Stewart
Post by saber964   » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 pm

saber964
Admiral

stewart wrote:Two other points of view, although not as interesting as several already mentioned, would be

(1) Viewpoint from one of the Hades prisoners who had remained behind. Originally imprisoned by INSEC, then continued by StateSec and released by the revived RH. I could see this as similar to Solynitzen's "Ivan Denisovitch"

(2) Viewpoint of the Ex-Baron High Ridge, from prison, having seen all his schemes and maneuvering collapsed.

-- Stewart

I would like to know if High Ridge was sent to Picketwood Minimum Security Rehabilitation Center(Club Fed) or Alcatraz Asteroid Maximum Security Penitentiary in the Unicorn Belt.
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'd like to have the treecat elder's POV after the Yawata strike.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

The intimate POV of Elizabeth, regarding High Ridge and the House of Lords, the very night they failed to vote to support the war effort against Haven. Specifically, her bedroom POV while discussing it with Prince Justin. Just the two of them. I bet Elizabeth let a few colored words fly. (npi)

And there were plenty a "there there, my darling."

"I swear to you Justin, one of these days I'm gonna set Ariel loose on one of those SONSOBITCHES. And it ain't gonna be pretty!"

Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:06 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Abigail's POV when she first had to dress out near-naked, near near-naked men.

Manteo's POV watching near-naked Abigail near near-naked men.

Randy Steilman's POV, lying in the infirmary, after he got his ass thoroughly kicked. "WTF was that! How many of 'em was there! Oww, my ass hurts."

Steilman's doctor's POV talking to him. "Your ass shouldn't hurt as much now. We removed as much of Wanderman's boots as we could ... reach!"

The POV of every Marine's ass ever kicked by Harkness.
"Why isn't that bastard in a cage?!"

Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:13 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Shannon Foraker's reflective POV immediately after her infamous "OOPS."

"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. The Wicked Witch is dead."

Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

stewart wrote:
Two other points of view, although not as interesting as several already mentioned, would be

-- Stewart

I totally disagree stewart. Both of your POVs are very interesting.

I can particularly hear High Ridge's reflective POV clearly remembering Elizabeth's infamous speech and predicament when she stated with the soul of steel ...

"This interview is over," Elizabeth said, and stood, shaking with fury, too angry even to notice the incredulity in her guests' eyes as she violated all the solemn protocol of the occasion. "I can't keep you from forming a government. Send me your list of ministers. I want it by noon tomorrow. I will act upon it immediately. But—" her eyes stabbed each of them in turn "—remember this day. You're right, My Lord. I'm not a dictator, and I refuse to act like one simply because of your own stupidity and arrogance. But I need not be a 'dictator' to deal with the likes of you, either, and the time will come when you—when all of you—will rue this day!"

I'll wager a 1000 Manty credits, a keg of Old Tilman, a case of white lightning, a shipment of Montgomery Scot's whiskey, and a delivery of high-grade Stilthy smoke that High Ridge's POV is stuck on replay.

Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I don't know if Amaroq has enough tissue left in that box to help me thru it, but I'd like the POV of several of the forlorn Mesan slaves still in captivity.

On that note, I'd like to definitely hear Georgia Sakristos' POV as to why she sold the other slaves out.

Cathy Montaigne made a reference to it ... paraphrasing "I don't know what would make you do what you did. I cannot say because I've never been a slave, but ..."

I just really wish we could have gotten Georgia's POV.

Return to Honorverse