Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

Whatever Happened to

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Whatever Happened to
Post by stewart   » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:25 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

I've been looking forward to at least a mention that Oversteegan might go into politics for several books now. To pull an r'n'h-type speculation here (and get her furious with me at the same time), I expect that this move will be aided and partly financed by the new girlfriend that Michelle is going to introduce him to...

Stacy Hauptman.

Stacy and Oversteegan OR Stacy and Rafe Cardones would both make interesting pairings, although I think the Stacy and Rafe the more likely.

-- Stewart
Post by jthoma8318   » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:30 am

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'd like to know what happened to the Peoples Commissioner with Caslet in Silesia, Dennis Jourdain wasn't it?

Also would like to know about Gunny Babcock.

Speculation side, perhaps Wonder Boy hooks up with Shannon when he gets sent off to Bolthole.
Post by markm57   » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:17 pm

markm57
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

jthoma8318 wrote:I'd like to know what happened to the Peoples Commissioner with Caslet in Silesia, Dennis Jourdain wasn't it?

Speculation side, perhaps Wonder Boy hooks up with Shannon when he gets sent off to Bolthole.

I'd like to know that myself. Wonder if Iris and Horace have has the opportunity to reproduce ? Scotty would make a great godfather.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

markm57 wrote:
jthoma8318 wrote:I'd like to know what happened to the Peoples Commissioner with Caslet in Silesia, Dennis Jourdain wasn't it?

I'd like to know that myself. Wonder if Iris and Horace have has the opportunity to reproduce ? Scotty would make a great godfather.

I think Iris and Horace have had better things to be doing than reproduce. Like, you know, vaporizing the Mesan Alignment and anyone associated with it. :mrgreen:

But yes, that would be one interesting baby. Doubly so if said baby wound up marrying Raoul Alexander-Harrington....
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Annachie   » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:53 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
Hutch wrote:[quote="cthia"]Emily's regular doctor before Allison. The White Haven fortune could afford the best medical care for Emily but we barely hear anything about her/him. Not even in some sort of insignificant consulting fashion.

I think that is because with Emily in her chair, there has been a perception that there is nothing else that can be done for her, so outside of occasional checkups and regular maintenance on her life-support systems (which requires more of a tech than a Doctor), there isn't much reason for seeing her Doctor.

Emily is as well as she can be...unless RFC, with Allie and Alfred's help, changes that equation.

Which is something I'd really like to see him do.

We shall see..eventually.

Note that if the Harrington Practice, or the combined Beowulf-Manticore-Grayson medical establishment (which is much the same thing, really) manages to come up with a bio-restorative process which will fix Emily, we are probably also looking at a full restore for Honor as well.

Frankly, for dramatic reasons, I don't expect either.

dreamrider[/quote]
In Emily's case there's still the option of cybernetic replacement of the damaged areas using as yet undeveloped or secret tech.

But only if RFC decides to go that way of course.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Roguevictory   » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

SWM wrote:
That seems unlikely. First of all, I have trouble believing that the Consort would be allowed to go off to Silesia for a year or more (remember, this was before Basilisk was discovered) on a navy mission, or even that he would be allowed to be an active officer. Second, I am certain we would have heard him referred to as the Consort or otherwise told by now. But he is only remembered as a naval officer.

While I know Saganami was not the Prince Consort I don;t think being the Prince Consort would have prevented his being sent to Silesia or being an active officer. Don't forget that when Roger was heir to the throne he was an active officer in the RMN and while he spent a lot of time in assignment linked to R&D he had commanded a warship in Silesia and participated in multiple battles while doing so.
Post by timmopussycat   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

Valery Ottweiler?
Post by stewart   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:03 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

timmopussycat wrote:Valery Ottweiler?

If he was on Meyers when Mike arrived, he's still there.....

Likely in the Embassy trying to dispose of any / all files.

-- Stewart
Post by timmopussycat   » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:41 pm

timmopussycat
Lieutenant Commander

stewart wrote:
timmopussycat wrote:Valery Ottweiler?

If he was on Meyers when Mike arrived, he's still there.....

Likely in the Embassy trying to dispose of any / all files.

-- Stewart

It'll also be interesting to learn whatever became of Damien Harahap.
Post by stewart   » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:02 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

timmopussycat wrote:
It'll also be interesting to learn whatever became of Damien Harahap.

-----------------

At last sighting, he was having a plate of curry with Indiana & MacKinzie Graham on Saraphim.
And if I remember correctly, Indiana had sent off a message to the Manties. Perhaps Scottie and Sir Horace may meet him......

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse