Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 64 guests

A Call to Duty -- Spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: A Call to Duty -- Spoilers
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Ensign Re-read
Commodore

Does anyone know when the next one in this series is due or EXPECTED to be released?

-----

...and a complete topic shift:

I didn't catch how many political parties there were in the government (at that time). I can't help but wonder however, if Long's half-brother is going to found a new one...
...the "New Men" party that I seem to recall from past texts.

I'm saying that because I seem to recall that the "New Men" were positioned somewhere between the Conservatives and the Liberals. --AND-- Because his actions in the smaller semi-closed meeting that included the Monarch could be construed several ways. Some may say he permitted the destruction of a perfectly good destroyer. Others may say that his one-year trial period saved all the other destroyers. (i.e.: Is the glass half empty or half full?)

This doesn't sound to me like someone who is in lock-step with the conservatives. I think he's waiting for the right time and conditions to break free and form his own party.

Opinions?

=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold as well as the Kau-zhi and Manticore A-B star systems, are at URL:
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by tpope   » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 pm

tpope
Ninth Space Lord

Ensign Re-read wrote:Does anyone know when the next one in this series is due or EXPECTED to be released?

We're on our second pass editing the final manuscript and I'm personally about 60-70% done with the art plates. I don't believe an official release date has been set.

I didn't catch how many political parties there were in the government (at that time).

In many ways, we're in a time period before the creation of any formal parties at all. There are some proto-parties starting to coalesce in the Commons, but the Lords really doesn't break up that way. There are ideologies in play, certainly, but the concept of "voting the party line" doesn't really exist yet.

Instead you end up with what could best be described as "interest groups" (such at the Committee for Military Sanity) where like-minded individuals gather to discuss how to deal with a particular topic, and then gather in completely different groups the next week to discuss a completely different topic.
Post by hvb   » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

He seems to me to be leaning towards the glass half-full persuasion but being hemmed in by his political allies/seniors in doing more about it ...

well, a bit more, as he manages to keep the glass 8/9-full, and not of Destroyers but of Battlecruisers. :P

Ensign Re-read wrote:[snip]
Some may say he permitted the destruction of a perfectly good destroyer. Others may say that his one-year trial period saved all the other destroyers. (i.e.: Is the glass half empty or half full?)
[snip]

Return to Honorverse