Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markusschaber and 142 guests

Finding honor of the queen special edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Finding honor of the queen special edition
Post by Lebrown87   » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Lebrown87
Ensign

So many pretty books, so little money. Damn you Baen for having all my favorite authors and releasing collectors copies! Or your are really awesome. Not sure how I feel. :/
Post by Lebrown87   » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Lebrown87
Ensign

If anyone has a spare copy, I would love to talk about getting it from you. Shoot me a pm and we can discuss it.
Post by Masek   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:00 pm

Masek
Midshipman

Hi,

this seems to be very difficult.

I had a pre-order with Amazon and they delivered it. But, alas, it was a misprint. Had I known what followed next; I would have kept it anyway.

But I returned it and got promised a new copy by Amazon. But they failed utterly. 6 months later and after about 20 emails reminder, they just canceled the order. That was their last word on it.

So now I am scourging for a "used" copy.

Martin
Post by saber964   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:06 pm

saber964
Admiral

Masek wrote:Hi,

I had a pre-order with Amazon and they delivered it. But, alas, it was a misprint. Had I known what followed next; I would have kept it anyway.

But I returned it and got promised a new copy by Amazon. But they failed utterly. 6 months later and after about 20 emails reminder, they just canceled the order. That was their last word on it.

Martin

You should have kept it, miss-print books can be very valuable to collectors much like miss-print stamps e.g upside-down Jenny Air-mail stamp
Post by SWM   » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:23 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Masek wrote:Hi,

Martin

They sold out a long time ago. Amazon probably isn't going to be able to get another copy, unless someone sells their copy (at a big markup) through one of Amazon's affiliated vendors. There were only a thousand of them, after all.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Masek   » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:13 am

Masek
Midshipman

saber964 wrote:You should have kept it, miss-print books can be very valuable to collectors much like miss-print stamps e.g upside-down Jenny Air-mail stamp

Now you tell me ;-).

Next time, I know better....
Post by Spook   » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Spook
Midshipman

Been looking everywhere for this as well, but to no avail so far :( Nothing even on eBay and AbeBooks...
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:58 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Spook wrote:Been looking everywhere for this as well, but to no avail so far :( Nothing even on eBay and AbeBooks...

With only a 1000 copies printed (and some of those misprints), I think it is unlikely that you are going to find a copy for sale, unless Baen decides to reissue the special editions, which I don't think will happen before they have done special editions of all the main line Honorverse books.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Spook   » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Spook
Midshipman

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Spook wrote:Been looking everywhere for this as well, but to no avail so far :( Nothing even on eBay and AbeBooks...

With only a 1000 copies printed (and some of those misprints), I think it is unlikely that you are going to find a copy for sale, unless Baen decides to reissue the special editions, which I don't think will happen before they have done special editions of all the main line Honorverse books.

1000 is actually a large number, as far as limited print runs go. It's almost never a problem to find a copy of any limited edition from Subterranean Press, and their runs never exceed 500 copies.

Also I see plenty of the 20th anniversary editions of On Basilisk Station for sale here and there, but almost no Honor of the Queen or Short Victorious War. Strange, that. Almost as if the print run was a lot smaller than 1000 copies.
Post by Jeff Donohue   » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 am

Jeff Donohue
Ensign

Are they going to continue with more of the leatherbound novels in the series. I have the first three in leather now, and I know that I for one will re-purchase each one in leather if they are issued. Can't get enough of the stories and am more than happy to do my part to support more books! What can I say, I'm hooked!

Return to Honorverse