Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Only a glitch? Or something more?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Only a glitch? Or something more?
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:45 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

I just reread MoH, chapter 39 - the conference between Detweiler and the Alignment Leaders - and found something interesting there:
MoH wrote:Stanley Hurskainen, the President of the Republic of Mannerheim ...
and
MoH wrote:Roman Hitchcock, the president of the Visigoth System ...
- so far, so good. But ... how fits the following in?

MoH wrote:The Hurskainen genome, for example, had been placed in Visigoth over three T-centuries ago

Are Visigoth and Mannerheim maybe even now publicly known to be close allies (aside from their membership in the Solarian League, I mean)? How else would you explain, that a family, placed in Visigoth is now the presidential family in Mannerheim? Not, that that would be a singular case - after all, the relationship between Manticore and Beowulf is at least as close, imho, and I would not be amazed, if some of the ancestors of Elizabeth Winton were born on Beowulf. After all, the Crown Prince(ss) of Manticore has to marry someone from outside the nobility ...

But, just in case someone from the GA (like, oh, Zilwicki or Cachat or the boys and girls in Pat Givens' or Linda Trenis' shops) get(s) a sniff about something that happened in Visigoth or Mannerheim, and that sniff direct (or, maybe even worse, connect) them to the Mesan Alignment ... wouldn't that be come under the heading of that's real, real bad from a Mesan Alignments pov? Especially as long as Detweiler itself couldn't got public?
Re: Only a glitch? Or something more?
Post by Annachie   » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:45 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Was that the Advanced Reader Copy or the final published version?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Annachie wrote:Was that the Advanced Reader Copy or the final published version?

The final version, as to find in baenebooks.com That's why I assumed it was a glitch which hadn't been detected in time ... but maybe it's not? ;)
Post by dreamrider   » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:49 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Annachie wrote:Was that the Advanced Reader Copy or the final published version?

The final version, as to find in baenebooks.com That's why I assumed it was a glitch which hadn't been detected in time ... but maybe it's not? ;)

Of course, you know what David is going to say...

"The Hurshkainen genome was placed in Visgoth. That just doesn't happen to be the last name of the current leader. The same genome is optimized to become political leaders, and has been one of the root stocks in the seeding of several systems, including Mannerheim."

...whether that was in his original story plan or not.

David seems to hate retcons, if there is any other way out of them.

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse