Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 40 guests

Honorverse Wishlist

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Wishlist
Post by Roguevictory   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

1 A short story or novella following a character through the Crusher.

2 A Short story showing some of the after dinner wargames at Honor's that were mentioned in Ashes of Victory

3 A followup story or several to Obligated Service

4 A short story showing the Battle of Megan and the following events.

5 Tech data for every class of warship the RMN ever used, d similar data for the RHN and PRHN, GSN, and maybe the SLN, IAN, and SCN as well
Post by bunyipbelle   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:01 pm

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to the forums Bubba.
I would like to read about Honor's experience going through the crusher. We have read that the crusher is a tough course which tests everyone's limits of endurance. But we have not read about anyone's actual experience going through it.
I would like to read more about Nimitz and Honor and Michelle's academy days.Also why is Nimitz called Stinker by Honor? Is it just a reference to his sense of humor or did one of his pranks go wrong.Did he end up smelling of something unpleasant?
I would like to read about the two and a half years just before Honor of the Queen. It mentions that Honor as Captain of Fearless was sent on "anti piracy " patrols in Silesia and the rescue of a passenger liner. I would like to know more about that time.
I would like to read about a romance for Michele Henke.We have read almost nothing about that side of her life.
I would also like to read about Sonja Hemphill's first meeeting with Shannon Foraker. I have read in A Rising Thunder that they were planning to send Sonja Hemphill to Bolthole. I would like to read about that trip to Bolthole.I think that Shannon is in charge at Bolthole so they would meet there. I think that they would either work together well or they would quarrel.
Post by lyonheart   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:45 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi The Bubba,

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your favorite simulated beverage on the simulated forum. ;)

Regarding your suggested stories, this is quite a popular topic, as you might have guessed by now. :D

1) That PoV has been missing as many have noticed, I don't know if RFC or Baen Books cut it for space reasons or held it to do a short story, then decided against it since she was so nasty, though he made St. Just's monstrous character seem almost sympathetic.

2) While the Marines and Royal Army equipment is considerably better than the SLN's, it isn't as great as the RMN's warships over the SLN's for obvious reasons, they haven't been as critical to the SEM's survival.

3) You too eh?
This has been very popular wish since CoS.

4) Occasionally such requests or suggestions have been made [including by me] and RFC has made a few more details known, but like the other suggestions these details detract from the main story telling, delaying our future fixes even more. :lol:

L

The Bubba wrote:New to the forum, so sorry if this has been covered before.

I just reread the entire series and came up with somethings I would like to see or have answered.

1) I would love a short story that tells of Honors escape from the battlecruiser from Cordilia Ransoms viewpoint. I thought that was left out of the book

2) There has been significant upgrade to ship technology from the beginning of the war. The sollies ships are basically now just targets. What about the Marines/Army? Has their weapon and armor tech undergone any advancements? Or is Manitcore Battle armor about the same as Sollie armor?. The books talk about about how the solarian marines are actually hard used and pretty elite. the sheer numbers of them would swamp any stand up ground fight with the Manties if the tech were the same

3) I would love to see an account (either short story or aside in a larger book) of Thandi and Honor sparing. Just going all out full contact

4) would love to see some short stories about the Masadan occupation
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by lyonheart   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:55 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Borealis,

We all want answers to these unfinished strings.

We know Crandall was the only casualty on her flag bridge, so the rest were all safe and uninjured and now still alive, was she or whoever shot her programmed to do it after the missiles hit?

Was the assassin her CoS, Pepe?

2) This a real possibility in another followup anthology.

Other posters have answered 3&4, but Harkness met Iris in FoD, during the Gryphon expedition IIRC.

L

Borealis wrote:A new wish-list, goody!

I'd like to find out what happened to Sandra Crandall and how she manage to acquire the very interesting pulser wound in the back of her head. Admiral Givens mentioned there were no witnesses who actually saw her do it (or admitted to witnessing it), so that implies there were flag-staff survivors. I'd really like to hear the results of a 'cat assisted interrogation about what really happened.

Honor mentioned how she inherited her temper from her father. Although the short story "Beauty and the Beast" covered how Alfred and Allison Harrington met, it really doesn't go into his temper. Although Alfred keeps a strong leash on his temper (much like Honor), I'm curious about the occasion that led Honor to make that observation in the first place.

I would like more information/background on the Andermani Empire. A short story how Gustav I found himself emperor of New Berlin. Also, more information about Chien-Lu, Herzog Von Rabanstrange and how he earned his cousin's trust to the point of practically redirecting Imperial policy.

Another addition would be a story about Honor during her Academy days. How she became so close to Adm. Courvosier, Mike nudging her out of her shell, winning the glider trophy, and of course buzzing the Commandant at the Regatta.

I'll throw out a request for how Sir Harkness met and married Iris while I'm at it.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:00 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi RoseandHeather,

That's a relief; I've just been rereading SoS again and Estelle shows no romantic interest at all in Kumalo, you may have surprised RFC most of all by that pairing. :lol:

The rest are all good for great stories if our favorite storyteller lasts that long. :D

L

roseandheather wrote:Oh boy. Do you guys want to get me started again? :twisted:

Actually, I'm going to follow two rules this time: a) no more than five items in the post and b) no speculative pairings (so Aivars and Sinead are fair game, but Augustus and Estelle are not - at least romantically).

Was that a massive sigh of relief I heard? :lol:

5. Michelle Henke and Honor Harrington at the Academy. Mike bribing Nimitz with celery. And Honor's face when she realises that she's rooming with the Queen's first cousin.

4. Allen Higgins meeting the Havenite portion of the GA inner circle face-to-face for the first time.... and trying to forgive Grendelsbane.

3. Augustus Khumalo and Estelle Matsuko in the immediate aftermath of Monica.

2. Flash-forward to Eloise Pritchart at the end of her life - where she's been, what she's done, and everything between.

1. The story of how Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart fell in love.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:10 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Strapakai,

Welcome to the forums, if I haven't already; so enjoy a cg beverage on the cg forum. ;)

As Arte Johnson would say "Very interesting". :D

I would hope a future anthology might have such a story.

One ought to. 8-)

L

strapakai wrote:->I'd like a short story about the day in an Arman's life. It could be one of Honor's, but not her main three.

->A seen where Raoul, or any youngster, receiving the prolong treatment.

-> Mike with a love interest that we can meet.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:16 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Shdwwlf,

Welcome to the forums, in the tradition of Baen's Bar, enjoy your favorite computer simulated beverage on the (bar) forum. ;)

While others have answered the suggestion for more background on the Andermanni, Tom is also quite a popular fellow so filling his resume at it were is also popular, and some have wondered if he was McQueen's second in command at Nightingale...

L

shdwwlf wrote:New member here also...

I second the request for Chien-lu, Herzog von Rabenstrange's backstory. Wouldn't mind some future section of the story line where he and Honor are working together for planning/executing a campaign against Mesa either...

I would also request a story on some of Theisman's actions he fought during the first war prior to ending up with command of the Barnett base (for some reason, the battle of Seabring comes to mind and I think he was commanding battleships versus RMN SDs).
Post by SWM   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:38 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

bunyipbelle wrote:I would like to read about the two and a half years just before Honor of the Queen. It mentions that Honor as Captain of Fearless was sent on "anti piracy " patrols in Silesia and the rescue of a passenger liner. I would like to know more about that time.

There is in fact a short story of that time, including the rescue of the passenger liner. It is "With One Stone", in The Service Of The Sword, by Timothy Zahn.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 am

roseandheather
Admiral

lyonheart wrote:Hi RoseandHeather,

That's a relief; I've just been rereading SoS again and Estelle shows no romantic interest at all in Kumalo, you may have surprised RFC most of all by that pairing. :lol:

The rest are all good for great stories if our favorite storyteller lasts that long. :D

L

...you're using Shadow of Saganami as proof Estelle doesn't have feelings for Augustus? AKA the book that I point to as "the one where she can't stand him and he's scared of her"??? :lol:

But you're right. She doesn't have feelings for him.

Yet. :twisted:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

I would like to see the Sollie Navy against
the Haven Navy. Just for a change.
Let the Havenites have the Tech Advantage for a change!

HTM

Return to Honorverse