Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 147 guests

Honorverse Wishlist

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse Wishlist
Post by The Bubba   » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:43 pm

The Bubba
Midshipman

New to the forum, so sorry if this has been covered before.

I just reread the entire series and came up with somethings I would like to see or have answered.

1) I would love a short story that tells of Honors escape from the battlecruiser from Cordilia Ransoms viewpoint. I thought that was left out of the book

2) There has been significant upgrade to ship technology from the beginning of the war. The sollies ships are basically now just targets. What about the Marines/Army? Has their weapon and armor tech undergone any advancements? Or is Manitcore Battle armor about the same as Sollie armor?. The books talk about about how the solarian marines are actually hard used and pretty elite. the sheer numbers of them would swamp any stand up ground fight with the Manties if the tech were the same

3) I would love to see an account (either short story or aside in a larger book) of Thandi and Honor sparing. Just going all out full contact

4) would love to see some short stories about the Masadan occupation
Re: Honorverse Wishlist
Post by Hutch   » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Hey Bubba.

Welcome to the Forums, pull up a chair, order an Old Tillman and jump right in (and despite appearances, we don't bite...well, kzt and namelessfly might, but only if provoked... :lol: 8-)

I had something like this recently (see link below), and I think we've all had wish lists like this--the stories we'd like to have seen written, the scenes we'd like to see in words. But another thread like it doesn't hurt any of my feelings. (my thread link)http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6158

Regarding your points:

1. I do consider that one of the weaknesses, after establishing Ransom as a major character in the first 3/4 of the book, she disappears completely during the rescue. Even a brief scene of her on the bridge screaming orders would have been appropriate, IMHO.

2. I think miniturization and the mini-fusion plants may have had some benefits to the RMMC and RMA, but these have been mostly off-screen. I do agree that the SLMC is probably the most professional and battle-hardened of it's forces, and a confrontation between them and the SEM would be...intense.

3. Well, from Cauldron of Ghosts we know they have met, and since both do exercise a lot....feel free to speculate.

4. I concur, that would be a most interesting short story to read someday. Or even one of Mercedes Bingham's time with the occupation force there.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Borealis   » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:35 pm

Borealis
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

A new wish-list, goody!

I'd like to find out what happened to Sandra Crandall and how she manage to acquire the very interesting pulser wound in the back of her head. Admiral Givens mentioned there were no witnesses who actually saw her do it (or admitted to witnessing it), so that implies there were flag-staff survivors. I'd really like to hear the results of a 'cat assisted interrogation about what really happened.

Honor mentioned how she inherited her temper from her father. Although the short story "Beauty and the Beast" covered how Alfred and Allison Harrington met, it really doesn't go into his temper. Although Alfred keeps a strong leash on his temper (much like Honor), I'm curious about the occasion that led Honor to make that observation in the first place.

I would like more information/background on the Andermani Empire. A short story how Gustav I found himself emperor of New Berlin. Also, more information about Chien-Lu, Herzog Von Rabanstrange and how he earned his cousin's trust to the point of practically redirecting Imperial policy.

Another addition would be a story about Honor during her Academy days. How she became so close to Adm. Courvosier, Mike nudging her out of her shell, winning the glider trophy, and of course buzzing the Commandant at the Regatta.

I'll throw out a request for how Sir Harkness met and married Iris while I'm at it.
Post by strapakai   » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:43 pm

strapakai
Ensign

->I'd like a short story about the day in an Arman's life. It could be one of Honor's, but not her main three.

->A seen where Raoul, or any youngster, receiving the prolong treatment.

-> Mike with a love interest that we can meet.
Post by shdwwlf   » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 am

shdwwlf
Midshipman

New member here also...

I second the request for Chien-lu, Herzog von Rabenstrange's backstory. Wouldn't mind some future section of the story line where he and Honor are working together for planning/executing a campaign against Mesa either...

I would also request a story on some of Theisman's actions he fought during the first war prior to ending up with command of the Barnett base (for some reason, the battle of Seabring comes to mind and I think he was commanding battleships versus RMN SDs).
Post by Amaroq   » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Borealis wrote:I would like more information/background on the Andermani Empire. A short story how Gustav I found himself emperor of New Berlin. Also, more information about Chien-Lu, Herzog Von Rabanstrange and how he earned his cousin's trust to the point of practically redirecting Imperial policy.

Background info on the Andermani is going to be in one of the next Companion books. Probably "House of Lies" along with Haven.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:42 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Oh boy. Do you guys want to get me started again? :twisted:

Actually, I'm going to follow two rules this time: a) no more than five items in the post and b) no speculative pairings (so Aivars and Sinead are fair game, but Augustus and Estelle are not - at least romantically).

Was that a massive sigh of relief I heard? :lol:

5. Michelle Henke and Honor Harrington at the Academy. Mike bribing Nimitz with celery. And Honor's face when she realises that she's rooming with the Queen's first cousin.

4. Allen Higgins meeting the Havenite portion of the GA inner circle face-to-face for the first time.... and trying to forgive Grendelsbane.

3. Augustus Khumalo and Estelle Matsuko in the immediate aftermath of Monica.

2. Flash-forward to Eloise Pritchart at the end of her life - where she's been, what she's done, and everything between.

1. The story of how Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart fell in love.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by AJKohler   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:18 am

AJKohler
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:Oh boy. Do you guys want to get me started again? :twisted:

Actually, I'm going to follow two rules this time: a) no more than five items in the post and b) no speculative pairings (so Aivars and Sinead are fair game, but Augustus and Estelle are not - at least romantically).

Was that a massive sigh of relief I heard? :lol:

5. Michelle Henke and Honor Harrington at the Academy. Mike bribing Nimitz with celery. And Honor's face when she realises that she's rooming with the Queen's first cousin.

4. Allen Higgins meeting the Havenite portion of the GA inner circle face-to-face for the first time.... and trying to forgive Grendelsbane.

3. Augustus Khumalo and Estelle Matsuko in the immediate aftermath of Monica.

2. Flash-forward to Eloise Pritchart at the end of her life - where she's been, what she's done, and everything between.

1. The story of how Javier Giscard and Eloise Pritchart fell in love.

That brings up another point. The Queen's first cousin is Honor's roommate and becomes her best friend. Would she not have likely met the queen during some of this period, on a more social basis, rather than the first time she is presented officially?
Tony

http://www.repeat-lives.com - Please read Repeat
Vietnam veteran - 187th Assault Helicopter Company, Tay Ninh, RVN 1968 - 1969
Post by KNick   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 pm

KNick
Admiral

AJKohler wrote:That brings up another point. The Queen's first cousin is Honor's roommate and becomes her best friend. Would she not have likely met the queen during some of this period, on a more social basis, rather than the first time she is presented officially?

Any time Honor spent with Mike's family would have been at her family home, not at Mount Royal Palace. And Elizabeth was also in school at that time, so she might not have been there either. It would have taken some rather unusual circumstances for Honor to meet Elizabeth through Mike's family, even though they are that closely related.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:46 am

roseandheather
Admiral

KNick wrote:
AJKohler wrote:That brings up another point. The Queen's first cousin is Honor's roommate and becomes her best friend. Would she not have likely met the queen during some of this period, on a more social basis, rather than the first time she is presented officially?

Any time Honor spent with Mike's family would have been at her family home, not at Mount Royal Palace. And Elizabeth was also in school at that time, so she might not have been there either. It would have taken some rather unusual circumstances for Honor to meet Elizabeth through Mike's family, even though they are that closely related.

Basically this. Mike would have spent her vacations at the Gold Peak seat, not Mount Royal. While I'd guess Honor was on friendly speaking terms with the Earl and with Duchess Caitrin, she probably didn't see anything of Beth or the royal family.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse