Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Honorverse Wishlist

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Wishlist
Post by Hutch   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:I want Sabrina Longmont back.

Hint, hint! :mrgreen:

I think that rather depends on her decision after Honor captured the ships needed to transport people home.

If (as Alistar and others thought) she followed Admiral Parnell into exile, she could show up again (the Protector's Own seems to be a favored landing spot for ex-PRH personnel...).

If she decided that her duty was to remain on Hades to account for her decisions there, I suspect with the large number of PRH personnel left there that she is no longer alive.

Which would be a dissapointment, a good darts player is hard to find....
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by drothgery   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:14 am

drothgery
Admiral

Hutch wrote:

I think that rather depends on her decision after Honor captured the ships needed to transport people home.

If (as Alistar and others thought) she followed Admiral Parnell into exile, she could show up again (the Protector's Own seems to be a favored landing spot for ex-PRH personnel...).
It seems extremely unlikely that she would have willingly taken up arms against Haven. And if she went to somewhere in the League with Parnell, then getting back is going to be tough.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:25 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Hutch wrote:I think that rather depends on her decision after Honor captured the ships needed to transport people home.

drothgery wrote:It seems extremely unlikely that she would have willingly taken up arms against Haven. And if she went to somewhere in the League with Parnell, then getting back is going to be tough.

True enough, drothgery. Hmmm...I hear some folks out Maya way are recruiting. Not to mention the Royal Torch navy will soon have a large number of Havenite ships to crew and command....

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by vietnamabc   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am

vietnamabc
Ensign

What happened to Denis Jourdain (Warner Caslet's comissioner) and Everard Honeker (Lester Tourveil's)?

Honor goes into a sparring match with Thandi:
Post by Hutch   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

vietnamabc wrote:What happened to Denis Jourdain (Warner Caslet's comissioner) and Everard Honeker (Lester Tourveil's)?

First, welcome to the Forums, vietnamabc (and if I may ask, are you from Vietnam and if so, how cool is it that the Honorverse has made it to your locale?). Pull up a chair and order an Old Tillman.

Good questions regarding Jourdain and Honeker. I remember on of our members writing a rather hilarious 'what if" speculation that Honeker had taken up writing biographies of his time as a SS and of some of the characters he met. (and where are you these days, Mitchell, esq.?)

But you are right, they have both disappeared from the narrative. We're pretty certain that Honeker survived, but Jourdain was probabyl viewed with some suspicion by the SS, and might have been 'disappeared' or given an assignment that got in the way of Buttercup.

Or RFC simply ran out of pages to mention him. Perhaps we'll find out when the "House of Lies" gets published one day (corresponds to House of Steel, but with a Haven/Andermani perspective, IIRC).

As for Thandi/Honor, look up namelessfly, that is one of his obsessions (along with shower scenes... :shock: 8-) :lol: We know that they have been introduced during Cauldron of Ghosts, but since Honor was busy planning for Filareta's folly and Thandi plotting her insertion in Mesa, there probably wan't much time for sparring.

And I wonder (any Martial Arts practicioners weigh in here), wouldn't trying to spar using two widely different techniques be dangerous--you wouldn't know exactly what your opponent is trying to do, so the chance for accidents/injuries would be increased?

Again, welcome.

Post by Hutch   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:52 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

You know, I just thought of a wish.

I want that missing Chapter to Shadows of Freedom.

Anyone who read that book knows what I am talking about. RFC spent a couple of chapters on the rebellion on Swallow and the Allenby clan. He then led off the May 1922 section with this quote:

“Oh, you ain’t seen bad yet, but don’t you go away, now. It’ll be along in a minute.”
—attributed to Simon Allenby
of the Cripple Mountain Allenbys, Swallow System.

Which has indicated in every other book using quotations for new sections that you'll be getting a chapter on that character.

Except for this one time. Oh, you have the weasel word "attributed", but I'd be willing to bet that the chapter was deleted (length issues? RFC didn't like it or decided it didn't help the overall story?) and above weasel-word inserted.

Well, I for one want to read that chapter. And maybe RFC will put it in the Forum.

Now, I could be wrong. But I don't think so.

Post by vietnamabc   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:24 pm

vietnamabc
Ensign

Hutch wrote:
vietnamabc wrote:What happened to Denis Jourdain (Warner Caslet's comissioner) and Everard Honeker (Lester Tourveil's)?

First, welcome to the Forums, vietnamabc (and if I may ask, are you from Vietnam and if so, how cool is it that the Honorverse has made it to your locale?). Pull up a chair and order an Old Tillman.

Good questions regarding Jourdain and Honeker. I remember on of our members writing a rather hilarious 'what if" speculation that Honeker had taken up writing biographies of his time as a SS and of some of the characters he met. (and where are you these days, Mitchell, esq.?)

But you are right, they have both disappeared from the narrative. We're pretty certain that Honeker survived, but Jourdain was probabyl viewed with some suspicion by the SS, and might have been 'disappeared' or given an assignment that got in the way of Buttercup.

Or RFC simply ran out of pages to mention him. Perhaps we'll find out when the "House of Lies" gets published one day (corresponds to House of Steel, but with a Haven/Andermani perspective, IIRC).

As for Thandi/Honor, look up namelessfly, that is one of his obsessions (along with shower scenes... :shock: 8-) :lol: We know that they have been introduced during Cauldron of Ghosts, but since Honor was busy planning for Filareta's folly and Thandi plotting her insertion in Mesa, there probably wan't much time for sparring.

And I wonder (any Martial Arts practicioners weigh in here), wouldn't trying to spar using two widely different techniques be dangerous--you wouldn't know exactly what your opponent is trying to do, so the chance for accidents/injuries would be increased?

Again, welcome.

First, thx for your post I'm really from Vietnam, I knew about the Honorverse through Homeworld forum and from the Nexus: The Jupiter Incident forum.

Second, About the Honor/Thandi sparring, I think with enough protective gear, they can go full contact to their heart content, like from the scene in War of Honor when she trashed the sparring bot, or like in At All Costs they can fight each other through VR sim.

Third, is there really any types of beverage related to Old Tillman, from my perspective Old Tillman is as popular in Honorverse as Heineken IRL.
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:19 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

[quote="
snip...
Third, is there really any types of beverage related to Old Tillman, from my perspective Old Tillman is as popular in Honorverse as Heineken IRL.[/quote]

If you want something that is a substitute for Old Tillman you need Manns Brown Ale, it is only 2.8% ABV and is not too heavy.

Mind you that is only my opinion.
When I'm not drinking Manns I drink Port.

T&R
GJS
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Greentea   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Greentea
Commander

Actually that depends on where she ended up. If most of the ex-PRN people who followed Parnell chose to stay on Beowulf, including Parnell himself (why not, it puts them close enough to Haven via the wormhole in order to do PR damage without being there themselves and gives them a nice new home), they are now on a world in the GA. The issue would be for the ones who left Beowulf and moved to other Solarian League Systems.

drothgery wrote:
Hutch wrote: roseandheather "I want Sabrina Longmont back.

Hint, hint! :mrgreen:"

It seems extremely unlikely that she would have willingly taken up arms against Haven. And if she went to somewhere in the League with Parnell, then getting back is going to be tough.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:33 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Greentea wrote:Actually that depends on where she ended up. If most of the ex-PRN people who followed Parnell chose to stay on Beowulf, including Parnell himself (why not, it puts them close enough to Haven via the wormhole in order to do PR damage without being there themselves and gives them a nice new home), they are now on a world in the GA. The issue would be for the ones who left Beowulf and moved to other Solarian League Systems.

And if she did stay on Beowulf, there's absolutely no reason she couldn't go back to Haven - at least none that I can think of in my exhaustion-addled state. After all, she never took up arms against her star nation. Whether she would return is, of course, a whole 'nother kettle of fish.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse