Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 136 guests

Honorverse Wishlist

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Wishlist
Post by vietnamabc   » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:36 am

vietnamabc
Ensign

Duckk wrote:
what favor did he do for Oscar Saint-Just.

In The Short Victorious War, he was part of the team which killed the head of InSec, thereby promoting Saint-Just to the big seat.

Ah now I remember but then in "From the Highlands" it is said again that he did a favour for Rob S Pierra, so I wonder if it is the same as the killing the old Head of InSec or another thing.
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:48 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

The Bubba wrote:<snip>

1) I would love a short story that tells of Honors escape from the battlecruiser from Cordilia Ransoms viewpoint. I thought that was left out of the book

<snip>

CR: "WHAT is going on with the systems on MY ship?"

Staff: "We seem to have corruption in multiple control systems programming...possibly an induced virus."

CR: "Status of MY prisoners...NOW, before I eat your tongue."

Staff: "Um...It appears some of the prisoners may have broken confinement."

CR: "You have 5 minutes to resecure those prisoners if you want your children to..."

<Loud Noise, Bright Flash>

There you go. Short story complete.

dreamrider
Post by SWM   » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:07 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

vietnamabc wrote:
Duckk wrote:In The Short Victorious War, he was part of the team which killed the head of InSec, thereby promoting Saint-Just to the big seat.

Ah now I remember but then in "From the Highlands" it is said again that he did a favour for Rob S Pierra, so I wonder if it is the same as the killing the old Head of InSec or another thing.

Yeah, that's the favor. Rob Pierre asked the Aprilist terrorist group to assassinate the head of InSec, in order to promote St. Just in his place. Usher was the Aprilist who carried out the mission.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:07 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I want a chapter in the limelight for Dame Estelle. What is an average day like for her? Who are the people she interacts with on a day-to-day basis? Who does she confide in when she just wants to scream? (Is it Augustus?) Who's on her staff? Who can't she do without? Who does she just want to get rid of?

Basically I want a look inside the day-to-day life of the diminutive diplomatic genius who rules the Talbott Quadrant.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by lyonheart   » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:08 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi RoseandHeather,

Yes please.

I strongly doubt Estelle talks to Kumalo when she's frustrated; I just don't see him as her type, much too boring, NTM probably married and a Conservative Association member to boot.

We don't know if she's married, has children, how she exercises, or does as a hobby; keeping the shock of Rozsak's cooking in mind, does she do something very macho or very feminine? ;)

Like trying to perfect experimental medical procedures on CG small animals [just kidding], or practices a black belt in some exotic self defense, or something more appropriately ancient and formal such as Judo or Aikido.

Perhaps she arranges flowers like Benjamin, or something equally intricate such as micro-knitting in auto hypnosis while she thinks, or writes classic detective stories under a pseudonym. 8-)

Perhaps she edits a classical Japanese poetry magazine, including her own, or sculpts, or writes crossword puzzles. ;)

I wish Amandine Corvisart were still around, since she had become very interesting in her own right and worthy of more detail, from the textev I assumed she was on NT at the SEM's embassy when the DD's were destroyed but evidently not.

L

roseandheather wrote:I want a chapter in the limelight for Dame Estelle. What is an average day like for her? Who are the people she interacts with on a day-to-day basis? Who does she confide in when she just wants to scream? (Is it Augustus?) Who's on her staff? Who can't she do without? Who does she just want to get rid of?

Basically I want a look inside the day-to-day life of the diminutive diplomatic genius who rules the Talbott Quadrant.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 am

roseandheather
Admiral

lyonheart wrote:Hi RoseandHeather,

Yes please.

I strongly doubt Estelle talks to Kumalo when she's frustrated; I just don't see him as her type, much too boring, NTM probably married and a Conservative Association member to boot.

We don't know if she's married, has children, how she exercises, or does as a hobby; keeping the shock of Rozsak's cooking in mind, does she do something very macho or very feminine? ;)

Like trying to perfect experimental medical procedures on CG small animals [just kidding], or practices a black belt in some exotic self defense, or something more appropriately ancient and formal such as Judo or Aikido.

Perhaps she arranges flowers like Benjamin, or something equally intricate such as micro-knitting in auto hypnosis while she thinks, or writes classic detective stories under a pseudonym. 8-)

Perhaps she edits a classical Japanese poetry magazine, including her own, or sculpts, or writes crossword puzzles. ;)

I wish Amandine Corvisart were still around, since she had become very interesting in her own right and worthy of more detail, from the textev I assumed she was on NT at the SEM's embassy when the DD's were destroyed but evidently not.

L

Oh, my dear Lyonheart.

Once again you persist in thinking Augustus Khumalo is boring, and once again you are hilariously wrong. :mrgreen:

Just wait. Before you know it, they'll be snogging and I'll be cackling. :twisted:

I've always pictured Dame Estelle as a gymnast, myself - or a former gymnast, at any rate. I think a set of uneven bars or a vaulting table would be an excellent way to work off frustration, don't you?

I've also had an ongoing notion of her as a pianist - there's something about the idea of her playing Hammerwell that just gets to me.

*gazes at RFC with puppy eyes*

And yes, I want more of Dame Amandine too - I was devastated when she died. (I also have this notion stuck in my head that she and Estelle have a bit more than friendship in their past... but that's just me. :mrgreen: Either way, though, I do see them as old friends, and I quite like the notion of them as college roommates.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse