Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Power Cupid Question Hour

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Power Cupid Question Hour
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:32 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

stewart wrote:Admiral Sabrina Longmont with her x-CNO Amos Parnell ? Neither is under command authority any more and Sabrina has had both enough time to see that the excesses of the CPS were more common than "occasional" and plenty of opportunity to get to know Parnell under a more social environment..... (plus likely having both gone to Solaran exile after leaving Hades)

-- Stewart

GIVE

ME

IT

NOW

PLEASE

*cough*

That is to say, I find this pairing absolutely enchanting for the simple reason that Sabrina Longmont is in it. And it actually does have logic behind it, too - two people who watched their nation go down in flames, only to rise again from the ashes when they could do nothing to help it except speak for it from afar? Yeah, I'd say that's a recipe for romance right there.

(Although I'd love to see Sabrina paired with Allen Higgins, too. ....what?? :mrgreen: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by stewart   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:22 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Another possibility is Raf Cardones and Andrea Jaruwalski; Honor introduced them prior to their trip to Silesia (War of Honor, ch 16) and they are not in each other's chain of command -- Raf is ship C.O. and Andrea is Flag Staff. They've had a few years to get to know each other, of similar rank and in the same social grouping ......

-- Stewart
Post by SharkHunter   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 am

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

stewart wrote:Another possibility is Raf Cardones and Andrea Jaruwalski; Honor introduced them prior to their trip to Silesia (War of Honor, ch 16) and they are not in each other's chain of command -- Raf is ship C.O. and Andrea is Flag Staff. They've had a few years to get to know each other, of similar rank and in the same social grouping ......

-- Stewart
How about Andrea and Warner?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:57 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
stewart wrote:Admiral Sabrina Longmont with her x-CNO Amos Parnell ? Neither is under command authority any more and Sabrina has had both enough time to see that the excesses of the CPS were more common than "occasional" and plenty of opportunity to get to know Parnell under a more social environment..... (plus likely having both gone to Solaran exile after leaving Hades)

-- Stewart

GIVE

ME

IT

NOW

PLEASE

*cough*

That is to say, I find this pairing absolutely enchanting for the simple reason that Sabrina Longmont is in it. And it actually does have logic behind it, too - two people who watched their nation go down in flames, only to rise again from the ashes when they could do nothing to help it except speak for it from afar? Yeah, I'd say that's a recipe for romance right there.

(Although I'd love to see Sabrina paired with Allen Higgins, too. ....what?? :mrgreen: )

I beginning to think you want anyone paired with Allen Higgins :!:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Hutch   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:36 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:I beginning to think you want anyone paired with Allen Higgins :!:

Allen Higgens is the Oxygen of the Honorverse....they will combine with almost anything.... 8-) :lol:
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:56 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
fallsfromtrees wrote:I beginning to think you want anyone paired with Allen Higgins :!:

Allen Higgens is the Oxygen of the Honorverse....they will combine with almost anything.... 8-) :lol:

Well, I'd deal with him appropriately myself, but as I am not an Honorverse character... (unless RFC decides to fictionalize me... ;) )
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

In order to appease she who lives far across the sea and loves this thread (for leaving out Estelle, Augustus, and Eloise out of Poker night) I offer...

Captain's Fuchien and Sukowski from Honor Among Enemies. Stacy Hauptman and Honor herself as bridesmaids, Cathy Montaign as a stand in matron of honor, Daddy Klaus and the rest of the Wayfarer survivors as the uniformed honor guard.

RoseAndHeather can be the official newsy and HD videographer on the red carpet. Wearing flowing Grayson gowns or a spiffy Manticoran court outfit, her choice.

P.S. Am I safe yet? ;-)
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:In order to appease she who lives far across the sea and loves this thread (for leaving out Estelle, Augustus, and Eloise out of Poker night) I offer...

Captain's Fuchien and Sukowski from Honor Among Enemies. Stacy Hauptman and Honor herself as bridesmaids, Cathy Montaign as a stand in matron of honor, Daddy Klaus and the rest of the Wayfarer survivors as the uniformed honor guard.

RoseAndHeather can be the official newsy and HD videographer on the red carpet. Wearing flowing Grayson gowns or a spiffy Manticoran court outfit, her choice.

P.S. Am I safe yet? ;-)

....ooooh.

Ooooooh.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH.

:twisted:

...any suggestions for my gown color? :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by cthia   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I really think we should give credence to the possibility of a love affair between Estelle Matsuko and Michelle Reynaud.

They endured so much together on Basilisk Station. Heck, with no railroads, restless Natives, lawlessness, and unreliable military help, it was like taming the Wild Wild West all over again.

Dealing with all of the previous level of phuckups banished to their doorsteps and so much going on, Estelle and Michelle must literally have had to stand back-to-back as trouble constantly circled the wagons.

They must have grown awfully close, having each other's back.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by SharkHunter   » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:58 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:In order to appease she who lives far across the sea and loves this thread (for leaving out Estelle, Augustus, and Eloise out of Poker night) I offer...

P.S. Am I safe yet? ;-)

....ooooh.

Ooooooh.

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH.

:twisted:

...any suggestions for my gown color? :mrgreen:
Harrington Green of course, assuming that it complements your eye color appropriately. Royal blue is good, or what the heck, just borrow something from Cathy Montaigne. I hear she's got quite the closet... and an interesting butler. And relations.
---------------------

Return to Honorverse