Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

4 intelligence types in an old forgotten starage facillity..

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
4 intelligence types in an old forgotten starage facillity..
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Sound like a terrible open joke line but:
I just finished re-listening to A Rising Thunder. Teague Afa nu dahe, my spelling of course is horrible since I can't look it up, and a gendamarie and a Marine intelligence person all gathered to discuss the Mandrins. I know there was a thread about this but can't find it now and I want to ask if others thought that these 4 could rise from the ashes and possibly be the head of a new small coalition with old Terra at the center?
Or am I off my rocker?
Re: 4 intelligence types in an old forgotten starage facilli
Post by Hutch   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:14 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Commodore Oakius wrote:Sound like a terrible open joke line but:
I just finished re-listening to A Rising Thunder. Teague Afa nu dahe, my spelling of course is horrible since I can't look it up, and a gendamarie and a Marine intelligence person all gathered to discuss the Mandrins. I know there was a thread about this but can't find it now and I want to ask if others thought that these 4 could rise from the ashes and possibly be the head of a new small coalition with old Terra at the center?
Or am I off my rocker?

Well, of course your off your rocker....unless you can type well while rocking....

Daud ibn Mamoun al-Fanudahi, Commander Oakius. E-Arcs in Word are a nice thing.

As to your question, I can't see them rising to power, there just doesn't seem to be the...ruthlessness, I guess is the best word, in them that you see in Admiral Roczak or even Tom Theisman. They seem to be more policy wonks than hard-headed revolutionaries.

Which doesn't mean that they might find a 'benefactor' who is that ruthless....

We shall see, eventually. I don't think the MWW would have given them that much coverage in the last two books if he didn't have plans for them.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

Hutch wrote:Well, of course your off your rocker....unless you can type well while rocking....

Doesnt Everybody?
Hutch wrote:Daud ibn Mamoun al-Fanudahi, Commander Oakius. E-Arcs in Word are a nice thing.

True. Can't bring them to work though lol.
Hutch wrote:As to your question, I can't see them rising to power, there just doesn't seem to be the...ruthlessness, I guess is the best word, in them that you see in Admiral Roczak or even Tom Theisman. They seem to be more policy wonks than hard-headed revolutionaries.

We shall see, eventually. I don't think the MWW would have given them that much coverage in the last two books if he didn't have plans for them.

I agree that there is somthing there and maybe leadership is too big but I think they might pull it off. Most successful Coup's are from the lower ranks, not the guy right below the head, or heads in this hydra case.
Post by n7axw   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:26 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:
Commodore Oakius wrote:Sound like a terrible open joke line but:
Or am I off my rocker?

Well, of course your off your rocker....unless you can type well while rocking....

Daud ibn Mamoun al-Fanudahi, Commander Oakius. E-Arcs in Word are a nice thing.

As to your question, I can't see them rising to power, there just doesn't seem to be the...ruthlessness, I guess is the best word, in them that you see in Admiral Roczak or even Tom Theisman. They seem to be more policy wonks than hard-headed revolutionaries.

If I was to guess at their role, I would say that they will dig up the dirt that brings down the system or at least brings down the powers that be on the military side. They already have a quite a bit of ammumition.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Valen123456   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Valen123456
Lieutenant Commander

Whilst everything is in Webers hands, they way I see the storyline playing out is that the MAlignments plans are more or less going ll fall flat (since they want the RF to take over as the new power but they havnt managed to get rid of the people who are now the GA ... so their bid to grab all the power is ultimatly going to fail).

Al-Fudani and his fellow "sane" Solarians are probably going to play a big role in bringing down the old SLN establishment by exposing the MA's little backroom manipulations (particulalrly in the case of the late unlamented Raijani). Though i doubt they are going to win any medals for actually doing it, we may have here the closest thing to real patriots the SLN's likely to have.

The big questions are weither they are going to survive all this (Mesa or fellow SLN dimbwits are not going to like them), and if what they do might have a negitive impact on the GA (i.e. they get at least part of the SLN working so they get some victories against the GA ... not a nice thought even if like Al-Fudani and co.)
Post by Alamo   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Alamo
Ensign

I've been wondering if Rajampet had his insurance policy loaded and ready to launch? At a lawyers with the instructions to publish if something happened to him.
He seemed to think it would be good enough insurance to allow him to wiggle out of any punishment for the fiasco that was the attack on Manticore.
Even if he did not have it ready to go, perhaps the Mesans know of it and will get it pushed out to the press
Post by Amaroq   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

Alamo wrote:I've been wondering if Rajampet had his insurance policy loaded and ready to launch? At a lawyers with the instructions to publish if something happened to him.
He seemed to think it would be good enough insurance to allow him to wiggle out of any punishment for the fiasco that was the attack on Manticore.
Even if he did not have it ready to go, perhaps the Mesans know of it and will get it pushed out to the press

Possible. I wonder if there was anything in that "insurance policy" about Manpower/Mesa? I know Rajampet had dirt on the Mandarins (and probably other high-ranking officials and military officers) and Mesa would just love for that to get out and push the dissolution of the SL further towards completion.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by stewart   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:22 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

I suspect al-Fanudahi, Teague and company will find the evidence that implicates the MA influencing or directly manipulating SLN orders; they MAY even find evidence of influence or control of the Mandarins. The first is useful, the second is dangerous.
In the long run, I think they may do a Tom Theisman, not in directly decapitating the SL leadership, but re-forming a central core or rump-League in the core -- possibly about the size of SEM, Haven or the Andie Empire -- something that IS manageable.

-- Stewart

The big questions are weither they are going to survive all this (Mesa or fellow SLN dimbwits are not going to like them), and if what they do might have a negitive impact on the GA (i.e. they get at least part of the SLN working so they get some victories against the GA ... not a nice thought even if like Al-Fudani and co.)[/quote]
Post by Alamo   » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:03 am

Alamo
Ensign

If I had to guess (and my record is poor), I'd guess that an "accident" happens to Daud al-Fanudahi as the one person known to have been harping on Manticoran advances. But since he has been careful to keep Irene out of sight, she and the other 2 new plotters will be safe and now on their guard.

Return to Honorverse