Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jonathan_S and 152 guests

The Missing Scenes...Wish we could "Speculate"

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: The Missing Scenes...Wish we could "Speculate"
Post by Theemile   » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
MuonNeutrino wrote:
I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Battle of Trevor's Star, which was being prepared for in Honor Among Enemies and had happened by the time In Enemy Hands began. For such an important battle, it seems a bit odd for it to have occurred completely off-screen. We know more or less what happened - sixth fleet under White Haven conquered the surrounding systems and then attacked, drawing the defenders away from the junction terminus to allow home fleet to transit in support - but I'm sure there'd still be an interesting tale to tell there.

I'll stamp this one too. But, you're really just saying that you'd like a detailed after action report. We know what happened. You just want it laid out. It was an X-Rated scene you see. Hamish was caught with his pants down and McQueen spanked that arse over and over and over, then rubbed it with alcohol. There weren't any baby chicks being pushed around in that system! :lol:

I think Cthia hit it on the head.
Bu-Nine and RFC, I hope you are listening.

How about a 1st Havenite war strategic overview book (or book series?) A timeline of the major (and minor battles) with the movement of units around the "chessboard."

Included would be a breakdown of each of the major battles with the units used and the tactics applied.

Anyone else interested?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:47 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

What I want - desperately - is a novel to fill in the Republic's post-Theisman Coup civil war. I want to see Eloise settling into office and winning the election and Javier promising her that he will always love her and will always be with her, and that if the worst happens to him, he wants her to treasure what they shared but not dwell on grief and, most importantly, not blame herself. I want to see the slow, sweet build of trust and partnership between Tom and Eloise. I want to see inside the new Republic and its factions. I want to know more about Rachel Hanriot and Leslie Montreau and what happened to Honeker.

I want more of my Haven, my Athens of the Stars, and its true resurgence into the galaxy. I want the blossoming of a people "who are climbing to the light." I want the sun to rise again over Nouveau Paris. I want the rebirth of the Republic.

...I'm done.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Theemile wrote:

How about a 1st Havenite war strategic overview book (or book series?) A timeline of the major (and minor battles) with the movement of units around the "chessboard."

Included would be a breakdown of each of the major battles with the units used and the tactics applied.

Anyone else interested?

Oh yes please - and with charts showing where all the major units were, preferably in software that would allow us to zoom in to particular units. Now I'm definitely interested!
Post by Amaroq   » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:35 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

I was always interested in what Elizabeth's initial reaction to Honor's return from the dead was like. Their first interaction happens weeks after the news has had time to settle in. The rest of the Cromarty Government can come too. :D
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by cthia   » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Amaroq wrote:
I was always interested in what Elizabeth's initial reaction to Honor's return from the dead was like. Their first interaction happens weeks after the news has had time to settle in. The rest of the Cromarty Government can come too. :D

Yes!

Also, an interesting behind the scenes look at Hamish in his quarters after seeing her face onscreen ...

"Hot damn, Oh lawdy lawd my gf's back!"

And then cut to the scene of Hamish's steward catching him twerking and dropping it like it's hot in his quarters thinking no one is looking.

Go Hamish ... go Hamish ... go Hamish ...

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:44 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Amaroq wrote:I was always interested in what Elizabeth's initial reaction to Honor's return from the dead was like. Their first interaction happens weeks after the news has had time to settle in. The rest of the Cromarty Government can come too. :D

That's a good one, Amaroq and the kind of thing I was 'speculating' about.

Here's another one--we know in 'War of Honor' that President Prichard was worried that news of Bolthole was going to leak via the Giancoloa's (sic). So she sent Kevin Usher to 'talk' to them about it.

Knowing the Kevin Usher from the story "From the Highlands", it would have been a very interesting conversation to hear.... :o
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Festival   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:48 am

Festival
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:I want more of my Haven, my Athens of the Stars, and its true resurgence into the galaxy. I want the blossoming of a people "who are climbing to the light." I want the sun to rise again over Nouveau Paris. I want the rebirth of the Republic.

I'll be succinct: So. Freaking. THIS.
Post by Invictus   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 am

Invictus
Commander

Bahzellstudent wrote:
Theemile wrote:

Anyone else interested?

Oh yes please - and with charts showing where all the major units were, preferably in software that would allow us to zoom in to particular units. Now I'm definitely interested!

Ok, so what we want is for Gearbox to finish remastering the Homeworld series, so we can mod it into a Honorverse simulator....

Oh God yes!
:lol:

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Hutch wrote:
Amaroq wrote:I was always interested in what Elizabeth's initial reaction to Honor's return from the dead was like. Their first interaction happens weeks after the news has had time to settle in. The rest of the Cromarty Government can come too. :D

That's a good one, Amaroq and the kind of thing I was 'speculating' about.

Here's another one--we know in 'War of Honor' that President Prichard was worried that news of Bolthole was going to leak via the Giancoloa's (sic). So she sent Kevin Usher to 'talk' to them about it.

Knowing the Kevin Usher from the story "From the Highlands", it would have been a very interesting conversation to hear.... :o

One minor nit that is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Putting (sic) after a word does not mean that you might have misspelled it. It is either part of the Latin phrase, "sic erat scriptum," meaning " thus was it written," or it is an abbreviation of "spelling in context," depending on who you ask. Either way, it means that you are quoting somebody else's text, and are transcribing it exactly as they wrote it, including any misspellings.

If you are not sure of spelling in something you are creating you can either follow it with (sp?) to mark questionable spelling, or you could open a new tab in your web browser and Google it. A quick search of "Giancoloa Honorverse" automatically showed results for "Giancola Honorverse."
Post by Hutch   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

crewdude48 wrote: One minor nit that is kind of a pet peeve of mine. Putting (sic) after a word does not mean that you might have misspelled it. It is either part of the Latin phrase, "sic erat scriptum," meaning " thus was it written," or it is an abbreviation of "spelling in context," depending on who you ask. Either way, it means that you are quoting somebody else's text, and are transcribing it exactly as they wrote it, including any misspellings.

If you are not sure of spelling in something you are creating you can either follow it with (sp?) to mark questionable spelling, or you could open a new tab in your web browser and Google it. A quick search of "Giancoloa Honorverse" automatically showed results for "Giancola Honorverse."

Well, I learned something today--never knew that, and with all the reading I do....

I'll either use the (sp?) or just leave it wrong for the grammer Nazis to find... 8-)

Thanks, crewdude.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse