Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Honorverse Filk Songs?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Filk Songs?
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:35 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

roseandheather wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:I'm still waiting for Honor Harrington Superstar.

Patiently tapping foot to "What's the Buzz?" :mrgreen:

Oh, I'm prepared to take a stab at it, even given that my partner in crime is MIA, including such gems as "Eloise Superstar" and "Haven on Their Minds".... as long as you're prepared to put up with Theisman himself singing "I Don't Know How To Love Her" about Eloise.

....or would that be Estelle singing "I Don't Know How To Love Him" about Augustus?

You see the possibilities here? :twisted: :lol:

Oh, yes. Given the identity(ies) of those involved with doing this, I would expect no less. :lol:
Post by TheGlyphstone   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:57 pm

TheGlyphstone
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Pfft. Estelle/Augustus a great fan-pairing, but you know that song has to go to Horace Harkness/Iris Babcock. :D
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:25 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

TheGlyphstone wrote:Pfft. Estelle/Augustus a great fan-pairing, but you know that song has to go to Horace Harkness/Iris Babcock. :D

...you're kidding, right? Iris and Horace don't need a big, soppy love ballad, it would be completely out of character for them! No, Webber (as in Andrew Lloyd, not RFC) doesn't suit them at all - their love song needs to be written by Stephen Schwartz. Or better yet, by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, aka the geniuses behind Avenue Q. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by TheGlyphstone   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:21 pm

TheGlyphstone

roseandheather wrote:
TheGlyphstone wrote:Pfft. Estelle/Augustus a great fan-pairing, but you know that song has to go to Horace Harkness/Iris Babcock. :D

...you're kidding, right? Iris and Horace don't need a big, soppy love ballad, it would be completely out of character for them! No, Webber (as in Andrew Lloyd, not RFC) doesn't suit them at all - their love song needs to be written by Stephen Schwartz. Or better yet, by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, aka the geniuses behind Avenue Q. :mrgreen:

Umm.....it'd be ironic?

I'll bow to your superior knowledge of actual songs/composers, though - I was just going off the song title.
Post by GofyTomcat1   » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:22 pm

GofyTomcat1
Commander

am I suddenly needed or what??
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:45 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

GofyTomcat1 wrote:am I suddenly needed or what??

YES. YES YOU ARE. COME HERE AND LET US WRITE.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by TheGlyphstone   » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

TheGlyphstone

Moar Disney? Or branching out into other musicals?

The only Disney rewrite that didn't quite click for me was the Be Prepared riff; I think it would have worked better as Esther McQueen to her Marines, rather than Burdette to his steaders. More violence inherent in the system there, I guess.
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:48 pm

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

TheGlyphstone wrote:Does anyone know if they're out there, or if there's a good repository of them? I got bored last night and wrote myself a Havenite version of 'Sink The Bismarck', but I can't be the only person out there who's been inspired to mix the stories with music.

Can you post your rewrite please? I was thinking about that song, and know it could work.
Post by sonex   » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:02 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

Shannon_Foraker wrote:
TheGlyphstone wrote:Does anyone know if they're out there, or if there's a good repository of them? I got bored last night and wrote myself a Havenite version of 'Sink The Bismarck', but I can't be the only person out there who's been inspired to mix the stories with music.

Can you post your rewrite please? I was thinking about that song, and know it could work.

Check out the posts for "A Grayson Song", a few responses in.
:geek:
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Post by sonex   » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:13 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

sonex wrote:
Shannon_Foraker wrote:Does anyone know if they're out there, or if there's a good repository of them? I got bored last night and wrote myself a Havenite version of 'Sink The Bismarck', but I can't be the only person out there who's been inspired to mix the stories with music.

Check out the posts for "A Grayson Song", a few responses in.
:geek:

Sorry Shannon, apparently the "A Grayson Song" post is gone.
:cry:
Search for "sink the Bismark". :geek:
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.

Return to Honorverse