Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Dream Teams: Grand Alliance Edition

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Dream Teams: Grand Alliance Edition
Post by Franavu   » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Franavu
Midshipman

dreamrider wrote:
Hutch wrote:Y'all meant Caslet, I think...Victor as an Admiral would be....interesting.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

...But a really, really interesting book! I'm envisioning some high-potential Shell world, on the far side of the fracturing SL, that becomes Victor's latest project...and he decides it really, really NEEDS a navy...quick!

...of course, the plan may change tomorrow. :twisted:

dreamrider

That has shades of Miles Naismith with less mania and more guns.

Also what about Estelle Matsuko and Eloise Pritchart? And maybe together with the Mayhew women and Allison Harrington.

Edit: Pritchart and Matsuko were already mentioned in the first post, apologies. :oops: But they shoud definitely meet the other women; I mean they could take over the known universe by sheer awesome.
Last edited by Franavu on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Armed Neo-Bob   » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Armed Neo-Bob
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
Valen123456 wrote:I think ill go and play devils advocate here and say the opposite. What I would like to see is a case where two officers, one Havenite and one Manticoran, have to work together for the GA, and yet hate each other, and are unwilling to let go of old hatreds.

It was said in A Rising Thunder that the intergration of the two fleets was "no picnic" but we didnt see any troubles in the story. This is particularly due to both sides top brass rather liking each other and hitting it off more or less perfectly from day one, but it cant have been that smooth all over.

Having a short story in some future anthology where two new characters from both sides try and work together and have to overcome their old grudges would make an great addition to the story I think.

MOLLY DeLANEY AND ALLEN HIGGINS.

Molly, as we all know, is not precisely fond of Manties. She'll work with them, but how would that fall out if she was actually on the bridge with one (or several) instead of Chief of Staff of a purely Havenite fleet which was acting in concert with the GSN and RMN?

And Allen. Oh, my baby Allen. Intellectually, I'm sure he's come to terms with the Grand Alliance. Intellectually, I'm sure he even approves of it.

But his gut reaction to working on the same bridge with the people responsible for Grendelsbane?

Oh, yes. This has some very interesting possibilities, and for once, they're not romantic!

Higgins, as CO, Home Fleet, wouldn't be part of the GA combined fleet; but, as the experience and emotional reactions will be replicated endlessly, it is probably why HH is "herding treecats" trying to get everyone on the same page. Be a fun scene to read, whichever Manti ends up on Molly's deck! How about Sir Yancy Parks?

Rob
Post by stewart   » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:15 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Back to the original topic

How about pairing Genevieve Chin and Alice Truman.......

Both as task force commanders dealing with a Solly or Mesan outpost (take your pick for background)

-- Stewart

Return to Honorverse