Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drothgery, LewK and 60 guests

Honorcon 2014-Who's Going and Meeting Up

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorcon 2014-Who's Going and Meeting Up
Post by Hutch   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Well, the preliminary schedule of events at the Con are up, so we need to do a couple of things here (it's only 9 weeks or so away).

First who is going? (If you are not going, start your own thread and go cry in your Old Tillman there... :? 8-) :P). I met only one member early at the last Honorcon (lyonheart, and that was because I was rooming with him) and others only late on Saturday, mostly because a couple of them were using the house computers to post here. And that simply won't do.

So to start the list:

1. Hutch

Second, we need a 'meet-up' place. The hotel has a restaurant, but like any downtown hotel I suspect it is expensive and at least some of us will be on budgets. The only nearby restaurant in walking distance is the Bahama Breeze, which looks to have a fairly extensive menu and hopefully not extortion-like prices (if anyone knows about the restaurant(s), information would be appreciated.)

Anyway, how about Friday, 1130, at the Bahama Breeze? Friday panels don't kick off until 3PM per the current posted schedule, which should allow plenty of time for socializing/renew acquaitances/arguing over uses for Sollie SD's.... :twisted:

I hope to meet more of you this year and re-meet others earlier--even if I have to do the Logistics myself.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Re: Honorcon 2014-Who's Going and Meeting Up
Post by Duckk   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Hey cool, a Bahama Breeze. When I was job hunting during college one of the recruiters took us candidates to one. They're in the TGIF/Applebees/Olive Garden/Red Lobster bracket, but focusing on Caribbean cuisine. It was actually really good.

Like last year, I won't know if I'll be able to go until the last minute. Schedule looks pretty tight.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by kzt   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:08 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

KZT. I should get in Thursday evening, though that was also to plan last year, and instead I spent it in Houston, thanks to SWA. This year I'm coming back from Italy, so there is lots of opportunity for "issues".

Assuming Delta doesn't leave me stuck in Florence or Atlanta, I don't really care as long as they serve coke products and some sort of food suitable for carnivorous types.
Post by Hutch   » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

OK, registration complete, flight booked (arriving Thursday evening), hotel booked, rental car reserved (hotel is 17 miles from airport per Google map sand I like having options).

List so far is:

1. Hutch
2. kzt
3. Duckk (Maybe??)

OK, anyone else?

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Theemile   » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:<snip>
List so far is:

1. Hutch
2. kzt
3. Duckk (Maybe??)

OK, anyone else?

I'd love to meet all you guys in person, but my schedule is conspiring against me again. Hopefully year 3 will be the charm...
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:53 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Southern Hemisphere and being a student sucks. all my exams are around Honorcon, so I wont be there this year either. :(
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Jonathan_S   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:OK, registration complete, flight booked (arriving Thursday evening), hotel booked, rental car reserved (hotel is 17 miles from airport per Google map sand I like having options).

List so far is:

1. Hutch
2. kzt
3. Duckk (Maybe??)

OK, anyone else?
I finally stopped dithering and registered.

I'll be driving down Friday morning but, assuming I95 traffic is no worse than normal, I should be down there in time for your meetup.
Post by Duckk   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

I'm not going to be able to make it.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Hutch   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Duckk wrote:I'm not going to be able to make it.

:shock: :(

Ok, so:

1. Hutch
2 kzt
3. Jonathan S.

cthia, you (and your niece) in or out?

Post by justdave   » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:37 pm

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Hutch wrote:First who is going?

justdave arrives RDU at 1230 on the 31st so I'll probably miss the Bahama Breeze

see ya'll at the hotel, I'll be the one in the HonorCon I tshirt, lol

Return to Honorverse