Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests

Next Honor Book?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Next Honor Book?
Post by SWM   » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Sigh...you young'uns...unable to wait 2 years for the next Honorverse book? Really?

There were two years between Echoes of Honor and Ashes of Victory, with an anthology in between. Then another two years between Ashes of Victory and War of Honor, with another anthology between. Then Crown of Slaves and Shadow of Saganami, but people were clamoring for three years before the next Honor Harrington book. Then a gap of four years before the next Honorverse book of any kind!

People have gotten spoiled. In the last five years, we have had two Honor Harrington books, two Torch books, a Shadows book, an anthology, a companion, three young adult books, and the first of a new spinoff series. Not to mention the first two leatherbound editions and the start of a graphic novel.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by cnrd22   » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

Tenshinai wrote:
He also mentions in the interview that the main Honorverse storyline will most likely end in 3 books at a good stopping point.

That´s something i´m having trouble seeing, i mean it´s just a couple of books since he commented that he had reached roughly halfway through the storyline.

I was surprised too and I listened twice to that part to make sure I understood it right.

However DW also mentioned that forgoing the planned few decades gap before the SL/MA confrontation led to the big issue of Manticore having a huge tech advantage so there was very little suspense in battles and he talked about how L. Niven essentially stopped writing Ringworld because of this kind of issue (tech getting way too advanced to find realistic problems), so that may be a reason why three more novels only...

He also mentioned deciding to put in writing the planned developments/ending to all of his series just in case...
Post by SWM   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:32 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
He also mentions in the interview that the main Honorverse storyline will most likely end in 3 books at a good stopping point.

That´s something i´m having trouble seeing, i mean it´s just a couple of books since he commented that he had reached roughly halfway through the storyline.

I think what he meant was that he was finally halfway through the storyline he originally envisioned--before he ended up multiplying the number of books in the first half by a factor of three. I think he had originally envisioned around a dozen books for the entire series, both the Haven wars and the Mesan wars.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Honorverse