Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 58 guests

New David Weber interview

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New David Weber interview
Post by cnrd22   » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:34 pm

cnrd22
Lieutenant Commander

roseandheather wrote:It sounds like once the Honorverse is at a decent resting place he'll take a break for a few years and work on other stuff, but at least (I hope!) we shouldn't be left on any agonizing cliffhangers.

I just hope we don't end up like G.R.R.M fans... :mrgreen:

But I plan to read Bazhell and Safehold in fairly short order, so the waits should be less agonizing for me from now on.

My understanding from the interview was that in ~3 novels he will finish the current story (defeat of the Alignment, breakup of the League and a beefed-up Manticoran Empire/Havenite republic etc) though i expect the ending will have Detweiller(s) (some of them at least) escaping somewhere and planning to restart their plans; I do not see any ending that leaves the current Alignment threat unsolved as this ending seems to be THE Ending of the Honor storyline at least, while leaving open writing more about other Honorverse stuff
Post by GerryBM   » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

GerryBM
Website God

So what did you all think of the interviews? I am looking for feedback so I can better do them in the future!

Also would you all be interested in an Audio-Only download of the interviews? I can host them on my website if people are interested.
Post by SpaceManSpiff   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:34 pm

SpaceManSpiff
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

GerryBM wrote:So what did you all think of the interviews? I am looking for feedback so I can better do them in the future!

Also would you all be interested in an Audio-Only download of the interviews? I can host them on my website if people are interested.

I would love an audio version! Easier for me to listen at work.
Post by JohnRoth   » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:08 am

JohnRoth
Admiral

GerryBM wrote:So what did you all think of the interviews? I am looking for feedback so I can better do them in the future!

I suspect I'm in a distinct minority. I don't do video, and I only do audio if I've got a really good reason. I vastly prefer text, although I don't see it happening on something like this.
Post by GerryBM   » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:55 am

GerryBM
Website God

All,

As requested here are the two audio files of the interview:

David Weber Interview: http://www.gerrymartin.info/trmn/DavidWeberInterviewFull.mp3

Sharon Rice-Weber Interview: http://www.gerrymartin.info/trmn/SharonRiceWeberInterviewFull.mp3

Please be sure to give me your feedback as well either here or on the YouTube videos. I want to do more and better interviews in the future. :D

-Gerry

Return to Honorverse