Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 157 guests

Will Raul have a broader treecat communication spectrum?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Will Raul have a broader treecat communication spectrum?
Post by exiledtoIA   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

cwo ; The only couple we have textev of where both members have been adopted is Honor and Hamish.
There may be others but they have not been mentioned.

cwo3neal wrote:Is there any mention of children with both parents having been adopted? it seems to me that if both the father and mother were adoptable that they already have preselected for high ESP/EMPathy ratings that would be like a reinforced resessive gene. or how my kids got blue eyes from two brown eyed parents, that or i can blame the milkman.
Post by Greentea   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Greentea
Commander

Um excuse me, I believe you forgot about Queen Elizabeth and her husband (umm, whatsisname). She is bonded to Ariel and her husband is bonded to Monroe, who was formerly bonded to Elizabeth's father King Roger.

exiledtoIA wrote:cwo ; The only couple we have textev of where both members have been adopted is Honor and Hamish.

cwo3neal wrote:Is there any mention of children with both parents having been adopted? it seems to me that if both the father and mother were adoptable that they already have preselected for high ESP/EMPathy ratings that would be like a reinforced resessive gene. or how my kids got blue eyes from two brown eyed parents, that or i can blame the milkman.
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

KNick wrote:I would point out that we have textev of at least three currently living people who have some latent ESP ability. Honor's parents, Allison and Alfred H. and Hamish Alexander. He has enough that he can somewhat feel Honor's attempts to communicate. Granted, that is a small sample, but perhaps it is indicative of a general increase in the ability throughout humanity. Perhaps not yet to the extent of Treecats, but headed in that direction.

Where in the text does it say this? I don't remember coming accross this in the books.
Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:46 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Commodore Oakius wrote:
KNick wrote:I would point out that we have textev of at least three currently living people who have some latent ESP ability. Honor's parents, Allison and Alfred H. and Hamish Alexander. He has enough that he can somewhat feel Honor's attempts to communicate. Granted, that is a small sample, but perhaps it is indicative of a general increase in the ability throughout humanity. Perhaps not yet to the extent of Treecats, but headed in that direction.

Where in the text does it say this? I don't remember coming accross this in the books.

The info about Allison and Alfred is in Beauty and the Beast from Beginnings, and I don't recall where it's specifically mentioned about Hamish, but it's strongly hinted at in one of the newer books. Almost a throwaway line.
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

MaxxQ wrote:The info about Allison and Alfred is in Beauty and the Beast from Beginnings, and I don't recall where it's specifically mentioned about Hamish, but it's strongly hinted at in one of the newer books. Almost a throwaway line.

Thanks. I am still working my way through the "Core Stories." The anthologies are next
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:28 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

exiledtoIA wrote:cwo ; The only couple we have textev of where both members have been adopted is Honor and Hamish.

Honor and Hamish are the only instance in which both parents have been adopted by mated treecats, and Samantha is only the second memory singer ever to adopt. She is also the only active memory singer to have adopted. The previous memory singer in question had ceased to be a memory singer for reasons which will become clear if I ever get around to writing the story.

Whether or not this will have any effect on Raoul is, of course, something about which I know nothing. Nothing! :roll: :twisted:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Chyort   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Chyort
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:Honor and Hamish are the only instance in which both parents have been adopted by mated treecats, and Samantha is only the second memory singer ever to adopt. She is also the only active memory singer to have adopted. The previous memory singer in question had ceased to be a memory singer for reasons which will become clear if I ever get around to writing the story.

Whether or not this will have any effect on Raoul is, of course, something about which I know nothing. Nothing! :roll: :twisted:

:lol:

From what i recall, honor was meant to die and her children were supposed to finish the story for her... But Victor ended up changing the plan... Now with her alive and the mesan plot revealed and soon to be finished i seem to recall.... Will we ever know for sure? :P Since we wont meet adult or even teenager Raoul in this series...

Clearly you will have to invent a new conflict for the honorverse when Raoul comes of age so you can answer some of these questions for us! 8-)
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:29 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

Mmhmm. Just like you know nothing about what the dastardly Mesans are up to, or the plots Elizabeth and Eloise are weaving, or how Augustus and Estelle are going to wind up feeling about each other, or... whoops, did I say that last one out loud? :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)

If anyone here buys that, I've got a bridge for ya. Great view of Brooklyn.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by robert132   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

Mmhmm. Just like you know nothing about what the dastardly Mesans are up to, or the plots Elizabeth and Eloise are weaving, or how Augustus and Estelle are going to wind up feeling about each other, or... whoops, did I say that last one out loud? :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)

If anyone here buys that, I've got a bridge for ya. Great view of Brooklyn.

It's simple, RFC planned on killing off Honor until that Havenite wildcard Victor Cachet dropped a rock into the pool of his well laid plans, right RFC? :lol:

Then he had to pick up the left over pieces and recreate his storyline. I'm sure Cachet didn't mean anything by it, but he has a tendency toward causing chaos. ;)

Frankly I glad it didn't happen. Series tend not to survive long after THE principal character gets offed. Just ask Alexander Kent (Douglas Reeman) how long his Bolitho series lasted after he killed off the Admiral and tried to make the nephew Adam the new principal as an example.

To be honest, IMHO he shouldn't have tried. He had already taken the series about as far as it would reasonably go. He should simply have retired the Admiral to the old family home near Falmouth and ended the series.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by exiledtoIA   » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm

exiledtoIA
Lieutenant Commander

Greentree you are correct I did forget about Elizabeth and Justin.

[quote="Greentea"]Um excuse me, I believe you forgot about Queen Elizabeth and her husband (umm, whatsisname). She is bonded to Ariel and her husband is bonded to Monroe, who was formerly bonded to Elizabeth's father King Roger.

[quote="exiledtoIA"]cwo ; The only couple we have textev of where both members have been adopted is Honor and Hamish.

Return to Honorverse