Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

RFC how about little Snippet, please.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Posts: 2047
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Duckk wrote:Hell's Foundations Quiver. It's the next Safehold book.


Alternatively titled: The Reason Rosie Needs to Put Down With the Lightnings and Start Off Armageddon Reef Right Now. :lol:

Yes, best wishes for Sharon's health - for altruistic as well as selfish reasons, of course! :mrgreen:
~*~


I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by dwileye13   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:06 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: Bellingham WA

Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:[/quote]

Get a PICA , , , Please
I am not young enough to know everything!
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:11 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Dwileye13,

I'll second that!

And my prayers for Sharon.

L


dwileye13 wrote:Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:


Get a PICA , , , Please[/quote]
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:15 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:44 am

runsforcelery wrote:Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:


Its always so intriguing and broodingly epic when the heroes and demi-gods don't realize their own nature.

dreamrider
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by Owlish   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:57 am

Owlish
Midshipman

Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 4:23 pm
Location: West Texas, USA

dwileye13 wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Get a PICA , , , Please

Hmmm - might need what, 5 PICAs:

1. Safehold
2. Honorverse, Main
3. Honorverse, spinoffs
4. Multiverse
5. Conventions, snippets, panels, snippets, interviews, snippets, blog posts...

Original to handle final drafts, snippets, coordination, snippets and QC...

~OvO~, who obviously rather likes snippets...
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by wyrm   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 am

wyrm
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 am

runsforcelery wrote:Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Not true, not true. You're at least a demigod! (Assumes a position of supplication and worship)
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 am
Location: Germany

If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:01 am

Eagleeye
Captain of the List

Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 am
Location: Halle/Saale, Germany

Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D


Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:47 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Posts: 2047
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Eagleeye wrote:
Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D


Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...


I'm not that pessimistic, but I've resigned myself to waiting at least until my (mid-July) birthday next year. And wouldn't that make a lovely 25th birthday present?? (Particularly if certain characters known to be well-beloved by me make appearances. Bonus points if said appearance(s) involves smooching and/or romance, especially with certain other characters noted by me to be a wonderful romantic fit for said character. Double bonus points if the character getting smooched is Allen Higgins, because goddammit, he deserves it!!)

And now I shall return to from whence I came. :mrgreen:
~*~


I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Top
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by namelessfly   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:58 pm

namelessfly
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5455
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:31 am

I am hoping for a shower scene featuring Abby Hearnes.

Alternatively: a romance involving Mateo would be interesting.
Top

Return to Honorverse