Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests

RFC how about little Snippet, please.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Duckk wrote:Hell's Foundations Quiver. It's the next Safehold book.

Alternatively titled: The Reason Rosie Needs to Put Down With the Lightnings and Start Off Armageddon Reef Right Now. :lol:

Yes, best wishes for Sharon's health - for altruistic as well as selfish reasons, of course! :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dwileye13   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:[/quote]

Get a PICA , , , Please
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Dwileye13,

I'll second that!

And my prayers for Sharon.

L

dwileye13 wrote:Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Get a PICA , , , Please[/quote]
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Its always so intriguing and broodingly epic when the heroes and demi-gods don't realize their own nature.

dreamrider
Post by Owlish   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

Owlish
Midshipman

dwileye13 wrote:

Get a PICA , , , Please

Hmmm - might need what, 5 PICAs:

1. Safehold
2. Honorverse, Main
3. Honorverse, spinoffs
4. Multiverse
5. Conventions, snippets, panels, snippets, interviews, snippets, blog posts...

Original to handle final drafts, snippets, coordination, snippets and QC...

~OvO~, who obviously rather likes snippets...
Post by wyrm   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 am

wyrm
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Not true, not true. You're at least a demigod! (Assumes a position of supplication and worship)
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:16 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:01 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D

Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D

Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...

I'm not that pessimistic, but I've resigned myself to waiting at least until my (mid-July) birthday next year. And wouldn't that make a lovely 25th birthday present?? (Particularly if certain characters known to be well-beloved by me make appearances. Bonus points if said appearance(s) involves smooching and/or romance, especially with certain other characters noted by me to be a wonderful romantic fit for said character. Double bonus points if the character getting smooched is Allen Higgins, because goddammit, he deserves it!!)

And now I shall return to from whence I came. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by namelessfly   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 pm

namelessfly

I am hoping for a shower scene featuring Abby Hearnes.

Alternatively: a romance involving Mateo would be interesting.

Return to Honorverse