Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests

new book please!!!!

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
new book please!!!!
Post by joek66   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm

joek66
Midshipman

Please can anyone tell me when the next book is coming out? One that is not a spinoff but a real HH book? I'm dying here lol
Re: new book please!!!!
Post by Hutch   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

joek66 wrote:Please can anyone tell me when the next book is coming out? One that is not a spinoff but a real HH book? I'm dying here lol

Well, rumor has it that the MWW is working on it and that we should have it sometime in the first half of next year.

Is that accurate? Don't know.

Be patient and all will be revealed (someday). Meanwhile concentrate on not dying.... :)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by crewdude48   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:53 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

joek66 wrote:Please can anyone tell me when the next book is coming out? One that is not a spinoff but a real HH book? I'm dying here lol

Well what have you read? If it is just the Honor centric books you have missed a lot. The World of Honor anthologies have several great stories (and a couple of horrible ones) that could tide you over. There are also the Shadow and Torch books that run more or less parallel to the Honor books and are not spinoffs so much as separate streams, and now that Mr Weber is bringing the three branching streams of novels back together, you should probably read them.

The next book we do know about is A Call to Duty, which is a spin off, but looks like it will be very good. That will be coming out sometime in the fall. We have no known date, or even title, for the next book set in the 1900s. Sorry.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I'm following the Safehold series. Seven books so far and waitin with baited breath for Hell's Foundations Quiver. Lots of good stuff from David Weber and following the forums makes it even better.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

As Hutch says, the next book will probably be out in the first half of 2015, probably followed by House of Lies in the second half. Given the naming scheme to date, it ought to have "Honor" in the title. All the signs point away from it being "Honorary Mandarin." :lol:
Post by Vince   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

Further books in the young adult Star Kingdom series of the early Honorverse focused on Stephanie Harrington have been postponed.

David tweeted on 23 June 2014 that: "Morgan and Megan are finally reading the Stephanie Harrington books and actually LIKE them. Happy dance!"

I wonder if he has thought out the implications of that?

What happens when Morgan and Megan do an Oliver Twist?

'More, please.'
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by dreamrider   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:09 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Vince wrote:Further books in the young adult Star Kingdom series of the early Honorverse focused on Stephanie Harrington have been postponed.

David tweeted on 23 June 2014 that: "Morgan and Megan are finally reading the Stephanie Harrington books and actually LIKE them. Happy dance!"

I wonder if he has thought out the implications of that?

What happens when Morgan and Megan do an Oliver Twist?

'More, please.'

THEY GET them. ('We' may not, unless Toni is convinced to make room in the schedule for a more lightly paying item.)

dreamrider
Post by kzt   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:59 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

dreamrider wrote:THEY GET them. ('We' may not, unless Toni is convinced to make room in the schedule for a more lightly paying item.)

I suspect the same outcome will occur when Ringo was talking about finding a more appropriate publisher for his sex and violence series ("Ghost"), which is that if the work exists and one of their core authors wants to publish it then Baen will publish it anyhow.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

kzt wrote:
dreamrider wrote:THEY GET them. ('We' may not, unless Toni is convinced to make room in the schedule for a more lightly paying item.)

I suspect the same outcome will occur when Ringo was talking about finding a more appropriate publisher for his sex and violence series ("Ghost"), which is that if the work exists and one of their core authors wants to publish it then Baen will publish it anyhow.

OH JOHN RINGO NO.

...sorry. :lol: 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Reader Bob   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

Reader Bob
Lieutenant Commander

Joek66 I'm in my early seventies and, if I prayed, would be praying that RunsForCelery finishes this series before it is too late for me. Instead, I just try to eat healthy so I might last until he finally gets around to telling me what happens in the end.

I have discovered that patience isn't just a virtue but a necessity when dealing with Wonderful Wizards who put out their products on their own schedule no matter what we poor readers want.

I haven't read the Young books or the Early Manticore Navy books yet but I'll probably break down and do them too before long. But most of the anthology stories are good. I don't recall which one 'The Fanatic' is in but it really is a 'must-read' and 'From the Highlands' is just as good.

Stick in there and eat lots of healthy food. If you are older than twelve you might need it! :lol: :lol:

Return to Honorverse