Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 101 guests

Breakup of Silesia

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Breakup of Silesia
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

In looking through HoS, I noticed a map of the modern SEM, including portions of Silesia and Talbot on it. I've seen this map before and hadn't given it more than a cursorary glance. Yet, just a moment ago I noticed 2 items on the Silesia map that I had never paid attention to before.

1) a star in the upper middle marks the Capitol - This presumably is Silesia itself and when comparing it to the confederacy map in SITS 2 (Setting book, pages 17-18), is perfectly placed for Silesia.

2) There is a trio of stars in the upper right - this is the Chalice (Jarmon, Hendrikson, and Willis) that Warneke (the villian at Sidemore from HAE) took over in his original rise to power.

Now rotating the SITS map so these 2 points are aligned, we see the division of Silesia.

If I'm reading this correct....

The Sectors of Saginaw (8 stars), Hillman(4 stars) and Terrance (7 stars) are completely inside of the SEM sphere, The Posnan sector is split with Posnan and 7 other systems (so every system but Zoaraster) in the SEM umbrella as is the Silesia Sector with Silesia and the 5 systems in the Western 1/2 of the sector. The System of Tumult (the seat of the Tumult sector) appears to be included as well.

This gives the RMN 34 systems including the following named systems:
Shiller
Sigma
Posnan
Sharon's Star
Tyler's Star
Creswell
Arendshelt
Magyar
Psyche
Prism
Melchor
Hera
Saginaw
Krieger's Star
Horus
Lutrell
Silesia
Hillman
Terrance
Jarmon
Henrikson
Willis
Tumult (maybe)

The IAN received the NE 1/2 of the Confederacy, with the entire Sachsen (5 stars), Breslau (11 stars), and Carlton (6 stars) sectors. The 4 eastern stars in Tumult join the IAN as do the 3 easternmost stars in the Silesian sector and most likely Zoraster from the Posnan sector.

If correct, this gives the IAN 30 systems, including the following named systems:
Brennan
Sachsen
Trellis
Melbourne
Slocum
Adelaide
Harston
Libau
Breslau
Gosset
Hume
Walther
Lau Hiler
Telmach
Brinkman
Sandhill
Carlton
Sarah
Zoraster (maybe)

Obviously, if you look on the HoS map, you will see I'm lining up little dots that could be randomish and not exact, so take this with a grain of salt. If anyone has access to SITS2 and HoS please backstop me and throw in your intrepretation. Depending on how you look at it, the Stars of Shiller and Sigma in Posnan may also be in IAN hands.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Re: Breakup of Silesia
Post by saber964   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:10 pm

saber964
Admiral

Theemile wrote:In looking through HoS, I noticed a map of the modern SEM, including portions of Silesia and Talbot on it. I've seen this map before and hadn't given it more than a cursorary glance. Yet, just a moment ago I noticed 2 items on the Silesia map that I had never paid attention to before.

1) a star in the upper middle marks the Capitol - This presumably is Silesia itself and when comparing it to the confederacy map in SITS 2 (Setting book, pages 17-18), is perfectly placed for Silesia.

2) There is a trio of stars in the upper right - this is the Chalice (Jarmon, Hendrikson, and Willis) that Warneke (the villian at Sidemore from HAE) took over in his original rise to power.

Now rotating the SITS map so these 2 points are aligned, we see the division of Silesia.

If I'm reading this correct....

The Sectors of Saginaw (8 stars), Hillman(4 stars) and Terrance (7 stars) are completely inside of the SEM sphere, The Posnan sector is split with Posnan and 7 other systems (so every system but Zoaraster) in the SEM umbrella as is the Silesia Sector with Silesia and the 5 systems in the Western 1/2 of the sector. The System of Tumult (the seat of the Tumult sector) appears to be included as well.

This gives the RMN 34 systems including the following named systems:
Shiller
Sigma
Posnan
Sharon's Star
Tyler's Star
Creswell
Arendshelt
Magyar
Psyche
Prism
Melchor
Hera
Saginaw
Krieger's Star
Horus
Lutrell
Silesia
Hillman
Terrance
Jarmon
Henrikson
Willis
Tumult (maybe)

The IAN received the NE 1/2 of the Confederacy, with the entire Sachsen (5 stars), Breslau (11 stars), and Carlton (6 stars) sectors. The 4 eastern stars in Tumult join the IAN as do the 3 easternmost stars in the Silesian sector and most likely Zoraster from the Posnan sector.

If correct, this gives the IAN 30 systems, including the following named systems:
Brennan
Sachsen
Trellis
Melbourne
Slocum
Adelaide
Harston
Libau
Breslau
Gosset
Hume
Walther
Lau Hiler
Telmach
Brinkman
Sandhill
Carlton
Sarah
Zoraster (maybe)

Obviously, if you look on the HoS map, you will see I'm lining up little dots that could be randomish and not exact, so take this with a grain of salt. If anyone has access to SITS2 and HoS please backstop me and throw in your intrepretation. Depending on how you look at it, the Stars of Shiller and Sigma in Posnan may also be in IAN hands.

You forgot the Casmir system (and a few others) which IIRC is near Saginaw
Re: Breakup of Silesia
Post by Theemile   » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:You forgot the Casmir system (and a few others) which IIRC is near Saginaw

I was only going off the named stars on the SITS 2 map - only about 1/2 the stars were named on said map and at least 3 stars have 2 habitable planets. If you know where Casmir is, please add it to the relevant list.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."

Return to Honorverse