Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

New Honorverse renders uploaded

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: New Honorverse renders uploaded
Post by KNick   » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:01 pm

KNick
Admiral

If that's all you have on your plate for the Honorverse, I don't think it will take much over say, a decade or two.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:21 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

KNick wrote:If that's all you have on your plate for the Honorverse, I don't think it will take much over say, a decade or two.

Oh, yeah... at a *minimum*. :mrgreen:
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:07 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Just to be clear for everyone here, or reading in the future...

The 'baseline' Fearless that you are talking here is the Star Knight-class CA "Fearless", correct?

dreamrider

PS - Do you happen to know if the name "Fearless" has been added to the List of Honor? The actions under that name would seem to merit it. Maybe that's what the Queen can do next time she thinks she has to give Honor something.

(PPS - I have a personal suspicion what the next ship is that we will see carrying the name.)
Post by SWM   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

dreamrider wrote:Just to be clear for everyone here, or reading in the future...

The 'baseline' Fearless that you are talking here is the Star Knight-class CA "Fearless", correct?

dreamrider

PS - Do you happen to know if the name "Fearless" has been added to the List of Honor? The actions under that name would seem to merit it. Maybe that's what the Queen can do next time she thinks she has to give Honor something.

(PPS - I have a personal suspicion what the next ship is that we will see carrying the name.)

It was added to the List of Honor at the end of OBS.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by dreamrider   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

SWM wrote:
dreamrider wrote:Just to be clear for everyone here, or reading in the future...

dreamrider

It was added to the List of Honor at the end of OBS.

Haven't done OBS in too long. Forgot. When I last skipped back, I picked up HotQ because...well...you know...

dreamrider
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:18 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

dreamrider

<snip because it was answered by SWM>

Yes, this is the Star Knight-class CA-286 Fearless from HotQ. It wouldn't have made sense to do the OBS CL Fearless, since it is radically changed for the class, although I suppose we could have done a before and after.

I *think* one of the reasons we chose the Star Knight was because (and again, I'm not really sure about this) it was the minimum size class to have an armored core hull, and we were trying to get as many "typical" features of most classes as we could into a single model.

Once I get them built, it will also carry a decent variety of parasite craft, lacking only an assault shuttle (too big at twice the size of a pinnace). As it is, I still have to built a second class of pinnace and a cargo shuttle for the Fearless. You can kinda-sorta see a pair of cutters in the underside view in my renders.

Edit: Now that I think about it, since I haven't heard any objections (from those higher-up) to having the cutter(s) in those renders, I suppose I *might* be convinced to add some cutter-only renders. The Dakota was a lot of fun to create, and was also probably one of my quickest meshes. I started on it (and finished a very rough, blocked-in version) a couple day prior to leaving for HonorCon last year, and during HonorCon, we discussed changes - in fact, I was receiving suggestions on my phone during the bus ride to HonorCon.

Once I got back, I started the new version, and "finished" it in about two weeks (as finished as it can be at the moment - subject to change, and all that).
Post by Michael Riddell   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Michael Riddell
Captain (Junior Grade)

Great stuff - keep it up! 8-)

Mike. :D
---------------------
Gonnae no DAE that!

Why?

Just gonnae NO!
---------------------
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:04 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Michael Riddell wrote:Great stuff - keep it up! 8-)

Mike. :D

Thanks Mike.
Post by dreamrider   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:00 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:<snip>
I *think* one of the reasons we chose the Star Knight was because (and again, I'm not really sure about this) it was the minimum size class to have an armored core hull, and we were trying to get as many "typical" features of most classes as we could into a single model.

<snip>

Oooh! Oooh!
I know this one! (From Pearls and from author discussions at cons, etc)

Long ago (probably from before he started writing HotQ), the Star Knight class was David's baseline for his own earliest system of ship sizing/construction. It was also the first ship David pointed Ad Astra at when they started on SITS, and the first ship they rationalized and systemized. So although Nike has been more popular with modelers recently, the Star Knight class is pretty much the RL historical baseline model for all HV warships.

dreamrider
Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

dreamrider wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:<snip>

<snip>

Oooh! Oooh!
I know this one! (From Pearls and from author discussions at cons, etc)

Long ago (probably from before he started writing HotQ), the Star Knight class was David's baseline for his own earliest system of ship sizing/construction. It was also the first ship David pointed Ad Astra at when they started on SITS, and the first ship they rationalized and systemized. So although Nike has been more popular with modelers recently, the Star Knight class is pretty much the RL historical baseline model for all HV warships.

dreamrider

Okay! Thank you and there you go. Makes perfect sense. And in a year, when I forget this and somehow the subject comes up again, you can just pull up this post and I'll be facepalming for a day because I forgot. :mrgreen:

Return to Honorverse