Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Post war plans

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Post war plans
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:56 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:Unless, of course, one of those mutual defense treaties is secretly an attempt to form an organization that can fuse into a new Solarian League when the time is ripe. :twisted:

The "Harrington Doctrine" is to make bilateral treaties with the SEM/GA for mutual defense. It would be hard to turn that into a new Solarian League without involving the SEM/GA.

The GA pretty much spiked the RF's plan by making it a race to make the most treaties; with the GA's advantage in tech making any "defense" more likely to be successful.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by SYED   » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

not only do they need to break the power of frontier fleet to free the verge, they need to encourage systems to unite and grow,, at least start trading and working togethr to solve the issues caused by the leage.
Beowolf can offer medical support, while the allianc offers space security.
i see trade and development helping alot.
Post by kzt   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:41 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

SYED wrote:not only do they need to break the power of frontier fleet to free the verge, they need to encourage systems to unite and grow,, at least start trading and working togethr to solve the issues caused by the leage.
Beowolf can offer medical support, while the allianc offers space security.
i see trade and development helping alot.

I see Somalia, circa 1993.
Post by SWM   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:18 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
SWM wrote:Unless, of course, one of those mutual defense treaties is secretly an attempt to form an organization that can fuse into a new Solarian League when the time is ripe. :twisted:

The "Harrington Doctrine" is to make bilateral treaties with the SEM/GA for mutual defense. It would be hard to turn that into a new Solarian League without involving the SEM/GA.

The GA pretty much spiked the RF's plan by making it a race to make the most treaties; with the GA's advantage in tech making any "defense" more likely to be successful.

The Renaissance Factor would have no problem having a bilateral treaty with Manticore. The more the merrier. The whole plan is to fool as much of the galaxy as possible into accepting this new power as a leader into a new era of peace and enlightenment. The secret is that they will be subtly arranging for greater acceptance of genetic advancement.

You seem to believe that the Alignment's plan is to take over the galaxy by obvious force, but that is not at all what the text says.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Exactly!

David could actually insert a 20-year hiatus at the end of the next book - and it would work just fine.

Then the locusts come out of hibernation...

dreamrider
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:Exactly!

David could actually insert a 20-year hiatus at the end of the next book - and it would work just fine.

dreamrider

*wails* He can't do that!! We'd miss the blossoming romances! We'd miss the weddings! We'd miss the treecat bondings!! We'd miss seeing the GA leadership scheming together!! Did I mention we'd miss the weddings??

:( :o :shock: :cry:

PLEASE DON'T, RFC!!!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
dreamrider wrote:Exactly!

dreamrider

*wails* He can't do that!! We'd miss the blossoming romances! We'd miss the weddings! We'd miss the treecat bondings!! We'd miss seeing the GA leadership scheming together!! Did I mention we'd miss the weddings??

:( :o :shock: :cry:

PLEASE DON'T, RFC!!!

Rose, rose,
Chill, girl.

You miss nothing. Remember prolong. Remember the kids!

A whole new realm for your imagination! :lol:

dreamrider
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

SWM wrote:You seem to believe that the Alignment's plan is to take over the galaxy by obvious force, but that is not at all what the text says.

Not at all. The RF is supposed to be an island of calm in a universe of Chaos. The remnants of the SL are supposed to gravitate to the RF's leadership and safety.

The SEM's goal is much the same, but with the added touch of being extremely wary of polities growing too big. I expect their approach to be successful enough to thwart the RF's original plan, which will lead to eventual armed conflict.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by kzt   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:14 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:*wails* He can't do that!! We'd miss the blossoming romances! We'd miss the weddings! We'd miss the treecat bondings!! We'd miss seeing the GA leadership scheming together!! Did I mention we'd miss the weddings??

Quite true, but you say that like it's a bad thing.
Post by Zakharra   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

SWM wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:

The Renaissance Factor would have no problem having a bilateral treaty with Manticore. The more the merrier. The whole plan is to fool as much of the galaxy as possible into accepting this new power as a leader into a new era of peace and enlightenment. The secret is that they will be subtly arranging for greater acceptance of genetic advancement.

You seem to believe that the Alignment's plan is to take over the galaxy by obvious force, but that is not at all what the text says.

The problem with that is the RF didn't think Manticore and Haven would ever join together. they absolutely did not see the GA forming and the GA's existence throws a huge wrench in their carefully laid plans. Especially since the RF's plans hinge mainly on the rest of the human explored galaxy -not- realizing what the RF is or what their plans are in the long run. It's a lot harder for the RF to pull the wool over the GA's eyes now that the GA is aware of some of the MAlign's deep laid plans. The RF intended to be the big winner in the League's break up. That plan is threatened by the GA's existence. For the RF/MAlign to succeed, the GA has to be destroyed.

I don't see the GA accepting the RF's leadership in anything. Certainly not in any political endeavor. I think the treecats are going to play a huge role in preventing the RF from penetrating the GA to any real degree.

Return to Honorverse