Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 144 guests

You can call her Ayako

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: You can call her Ayako
Post by SCC   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm

SCC
Commander

saber964 wrote:On Japanese female names. The letters Ko or Ka at the end of a female name is something of an honorific much like Ms. or Miss. As properly written in English the name should read Aya-ko, I know several Japanese woman with names like Omi and Tomo but spelled their names as Omi-ko and Tomo-ko.

Actually it's more like Anne at the end of Jo-Anne, it feminizes the name
Post by crewdude48   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:46 am

crewdude48
Commodore

Evilnerf wrote:Well just because the reader is getting that vibe doesn't mean the characters are.

Although, I guess I'm the only one based on this thread.

Ah well.

No, definitely not the only one. I get the feeling, but I don't thing RFC would telegraph something like that, so I don't count it as probable. :shrug:
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Evilnerf wrote:Well just because the reader is getting that vibe doesn't mean the characters are.

Although, I guess I'm the only one based on this thread.

Ah well.

She does give off a vibe, yes. As a competent, intelligent and highly dangerous woman.

However the thing that makes it unlikely for me is that we are talking DW as author.

The abused, mistreated and raped turning on their tormentors and turning out to be competent and highly dangerous - making the tormentors 'reap what they have sown' is one of his favourite themes.
That's why I think it more likely he is playing this game here again.

But I like your idea. It would be cool if she turned out to be an infiltrator.
Post by Evilnerf   » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Evilnerf
Ensign

Something worth noting.

This may not be RFC's style, but the question is, is it Eric Flints?

Return to Honorverse