Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests

Missing High Ridge

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Missing High Ridge
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:52 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

lyonheart wrote:Hi Bruno Behrends,

"Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!"

"How about some positive thinking for a change, huh?" :lol:

So after a shattering impossible attack, facing an invisible enemy that has successfully hidden itself, you want to mess up the Manticoran domestic political scene?

Right!

Humanity being so human, such political diversity is certainly to be expected, however irrational, but I doubt such politicians will get much traction with more than a tiny fringe.

First because the initial period of this war will be a series of GA [Manticore] victories; as in "we've captured Mesa?" then humbling the might of the SLN by obliterating BF and most of FF, including their shipyards etc; then there's the liberation of so many protectorates that have clearly been abused by OFS.

So there will be plenty of the government "taking the war to the Sollies' in a decisive way" for anyone to want.

Secondly, the "Honor Doctrine" is so sensible its the plan of the whole GA, with lots and lots of popular support.

Kibitzing it won't be easy or quick for any politician.

Who would dare attack the heroes of the day, year, and decade?

Except the incompetent Progressives may be just that stupid. ;)

Which would be very fun to watch. :D

L

Hi, Lyonheart!

I know if looked at from an in-world perspective there are enough reasons to rationalize why the opposition - what there is left of it - is effectively sidelined at the moment on Manticore. Yes, the conservatives and progressives have screwed up badly in the past and yes, the current managements is playing their cards very smartly.

My problem isn't that the current lack of (effective) opposition can't be explained. It can and DW does.

My problem is that I wonder if this state of affairs is good from a story-telling point of view. If everybody (read: everybody that matters atm) is in agreement then where is the story in that?

(Stories live from conflict. That's my opinion at least.)

And its not as if more devisiveness couldn't be rationalized also if DW would put his mind to it :D

Return to Honorverse