Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 123 guests

what is an Eradani Edict what is not?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: what is an Eradani Edict what is not?
Post by kzt   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:19 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Could I suggest you look at page 379 of CoG or page 531 of EoH for what happens when you pop a honorverse fusion reactor? It's a rather spectacular event, which you don't want to be very close to.
Post by KNick   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:06 pm

KNick
Admiral

kzt wrote:Could I suggest you look at page 379 of CoG or page 531 of EoH for what happens when you pop a honorverse fusion reactor? It's a rather spectacular event, which you don't want to be very close to.

Of course it's not something to be close to. I was just wondering if the remaining fuel would ...amplify... the effect of the initial blast. In other words, would all that fuel also fuse? Would the temperature and pressure, acting on the containment vessels (the ones holding liquid hydrogen), cause that hydrogen to fuse also?
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by kzt   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:17 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

For any reasonable power output I suspect the amount of fuel required is not that great. As in hundreds of liters of water, not thousands of tons of liquid hydrogen.
Post by KNick   » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:29 pm

KNick
Admiral

kzt wrote:For any reasonable power output I suspect the amount of fuel required is not that great. As in hundreds of liters of water, not thousands of tons of liquid hydrogen.

Thank you.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!

Return to Honorverse