Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tlb and 49 guests

A face we haven't seen - for you, rnh

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
A face we haven't seen - for you, rnh
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

I quote from HoS, "People":

Webster, Samuel Huston
Rear Admiral of the Green, Royal Manticoran Navy
...he is currently attached to BuWeaps as Admiral Sonja Hemphill's senior departmental commander.

So, 90% chance he is leading the BuWeaps deployment to Bolthole.

...and he understands how to push electrons.

roseandheather, you think you can do something with this?

(Is it possible that he might become the third person to know about those blips Shannon saw at Hades?)

dreamrider
Re: A face we haven't seen - for you, rnh
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:31 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:I quote from HoS, "People":

Webster, Samuel Huston
Rear Admiral of the Green, Royal Manticoran Navy
...he is currently attached to BuWeaps as Admiral Sonja Hemphill's senior departmental commander.

So, 90% chance he is leading the BuWeaps deployment to Bolthole.

...and he understands how to push electrons.

roseandheather, you think you can do something with this?

(Is it possible that he might become the third person to know about those blips Shannon saw at Hades?)

dreamrider

If you're trying to convince me to ship Shannon and Sam, it's not going to work. :lol:

If, however, you think that I think he might be a prime candidate for one of my beloved hypothetical Manticore-Haven romances... ding ding ding! We have a winner! After all, Shannon's far from the only woman at Bolthole... :mrgreen: :twisted:

And I suspect that he and Shannon will get along like a house on fire. Mutual warm feelings of admiration for Honor Harrington, mutual fond exasperation over dealing with Sonja Hemphill... oh, yes, I see a friendship for the ages. 8-)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

roseandheather wrote:[If you're trying to convince me to ship Shannon and Sam, it's not going to work. :lol:

I don't understand this sentence.

dreamrider
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:41 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:
roseandheather wrote:[If you're trying to convince me to ship Shannon and Sam, it's not going to work. :lol:

I don't understand this sentence.

dreamrider

In the "since when has Rose failed to ship anyone with anyone else?" sense? Or in the "what does 'ship' mean" sense?

If the latter, it's a term that really became common among the Harry Potter community about a decade ago - to 'ship' two characters (or more!) is to want them to have a romantic relationship.

If the former - Sonja and Shannon, dammit! :mrgreen:
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:46 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

A link to the dreaded blackhole.....

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Shipping

Its shorthand for relationship creating. coined back in thex-files days, so Rose has some weight of history behind her in doing this. :)
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by Yow   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:01 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Spacekiwi wrote:A link to the dreaded blackhole.....

Its shorthand for relationship creating. coined back in thex-files days, so Rose has some weight of history behind her in doing this. :)

I just got through reading this. :shock: Runs t'cachup wit d'turnip truck.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:36 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

sorry, rose,

Last gen guy that I am, I have no moral objections to the hook-up, but I just can't see them as romantically compatible personalities.

Sympatico over shots, sure; Frictional friends, hell yes; gleeful co-conspirators even, absolutely!

But romantic partners, no, I just can't see the cool analyser, 10-year planner, politically agile, and, prolong not withstanding, much older Sonja as romantically involved with the barely controlled, often distracted to the latest problem, tinkerer that is Shannon.

I actually can visualize Sonja having a crystalline vision and appreciation for Shannon's brilliance, but needing someone like Sam to be her go-between to work with her, to keep from choking her one or twice a day.

dreamrider
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

dreamrider wrote:sorry, rose,

Last gen guy that I am, I have no moral objections to the hook-up, but I just can't see them as romantically compatible personalities.

Sympatico over shots, sure; Frictional friends, hell yes; gleeful co-conspirators even, absolutely!

But romantic partners, no, I just can't see the cool analyser, 10-year planner, politically agile, and, prolong not withstanding, much older Sonja as romantically involved with the barely controlled, often distracted to the latest problem, tinkerer that is Shannon.

I actually can visualize Sonja having a crystalline vision and appreciation for Shannon's brilliance, but needing someone like Sam to be her go-between to work with her, to keep from choking her one or twice a day.

dreamrider

Except Sonja's actually quite a warm and lovely woman, really - look at her meeting with Mike Henke in Storm from the Shadows, for instance. Cool analyser she may be, but she's also passionate and sometimes quite hot-blooded.

I think what it comes down to, though, is that we don't know enough about Sonja at the moment to really make the call as to whether or not they'd fit. I think they would, but I cheerfully admit that my desire for some Honorverse lady lovin' might be clouding the issue. Either way, we won't know for sure until we actually see Shannon and Sonja interact and, more to the point, learn more about Sonja as opposed to 'Admiral Hemphill'. 8-)
~*~

Javier & Eloise
Post by Spacekiwi   » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:27 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

:D just be careful on that website. start hitting the random button, or clicking on the links from the david weber and honorverse pages there and you might find yourself down severel days....

Yow wrote:
Spacekiwi wrote:A link to the dreaded blackhole.....

I just got through reading this. :shock: Runs t'cachup wit d'turnip truck.
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D

Return to Honorverse