Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 100 guests

Sonja Hemphill

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Sonja Hemphill
Post by runsforcelery   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

PalmerSperry wrote:
roseandheather wrote:I seem to remember hearing that she'd shed that moniker some time before AAC, but I can't back it up with quotes. :( I hope so, though!

Only with the Manticorans ... I suspect she remained Horrible Hemphill for the Havenites (at least those of them who know of her) for some time afterwards?

Guys, I'm really glad to see Sonja getting her due, and there's no doubt that she played a huge role in the SKM's weapons development, but let's not forget that she was only one of the many people involved in that effort, including, oh . . . I dunno, some guy named Adcock and another joker whose last name was Winston or Winker or something like that. :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by namelessfly   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 am

namelessfly

Now that Horrible Hemphill has been rehabilitated and that this piker who helped her establish the R&D programs named IIRC Winton or something like that is being acknowledge, are we going to get any more hints about her physical attributes to stimulate our imaginations?

(I still prefer to imagine that Elizebeth Winton looks like Halley Berry and Michael Henke looks like Pam Grier. The later image provokes interesting speculations about her relationship with her room mate at Saganami Island. If you don't know who Pam Grier is, I pity you.)
Post by Roguevictory   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I wonder if there will ever be a short story set during her stint as a starship captain which was mentioned in House of Steel?
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Roguevictory wrote:
I wonder if there will ever be a short story set during her stint as a starship captain which was mentioned in House of Steel?

I for one, would simply loove that. I am specifically interested in her direct, not so subtle, tactical approach touched on by D'Orville during the On Basilisk Station wargames. I'd like to know how well that worked for her.

I'd really like Harkness to glean everyone's Crusher scores from BuPers.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:40 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Roguevictory wrote:I wonder if there will ever be a short story set during her stint as a starship captain which was mentioned in House of Steel?

*squeaking noises*

I need this like I need air.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by drothgery   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:51 pm

drothgery
Admiral

cthia wrote:
Roguevictory wrote:

I for one, would simply loove that. I am specifically interested in her direct, not so subtle, tactical approach touched on by D'Orville during the On Basilisk Station wargames. I'd like to know how well that worked for her.
Must not have been terrible; she had a consequential field fleet command in the early stages of the first war.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Roguevictory wrote:

drothgery wrote:
Must not have been terrible; she had a consequential field fleet command in the early stages of the first war.

Indeed drothgery. I never got the impression that she was a slow leak even in the wargames.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Amaroq   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Amaroq
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:
Roguevictory wrote:I wonder if there will ever be a short story set during her stint as a starship captain which was mentioned in House of Steel?

*squeaking noises*

Is this the problem?

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:

*squeaking noises*

Amaroq wrote:
Is this the problem?

:lol: Laughter is the best medicine.

Post by Yow   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Replete with tactlessness.
“She’s just being Sonja,” Adcock sighed. “Tactless, brilliant, opinionated, tactless, irritating, energetic, tactless, bouncy, confident, tactless, over enthusiastic, overly focused—did I mention tactless?”

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"

Return to Honorverse