Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: penny and 46 guests

Sonja Hemphill

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Sonja Hemphill
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:01 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Yow wrote:Even with all of the successes out of Gram and the many victories because of it... Is Sonja Hemphill still known as "Horrible Hemphill"?

I seem to remember hearing that she'd shed that moniker some time before AAC, but I can't back it up with quotes. :( I hope so, though!
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by lyonheart   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:45 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi RoseandHeather,

It goes back to OBS, when HH in her cabin, regrets not asking more questions before being rushed up to Fearless.

L

roseandheather wrote:
Yow wrote:Even with all of the successes out of Gram and the many victories because of it... Is Sonja Hemphill still known as "Horrible Hemphill"?

I seem to remember hearing that she'd shed that moniker some time before AAC, but I can't back it up with quotes. :( I hope so, though!
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Yow   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:22 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

roseandheather wrote:I seem to remember hearing that she'd shed that moniker some time before AAC, but I can't back it up with quotes. :( I hope so, though!

:o Aaahhh. You hope she's still known as or that she'd shed that? Me I hope it's still around :twisted: so when they name a SuperDuperDreadnaught/Pod Keyhole II Apollo missile slinging ship and class after her... Well.

HMS Sonja Hemphill
"Horrible Hemphill"
You're so screwed

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:56 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Yow wrote:

roseandheather wrote:I seem to remember hearing that she'd shed that moniker some time before AAC, but I can't back it up with quotes. :( I hope so, though!

:o Aaahhh. You hope she's still known as or that she'd shed that? Me I hope it's still around :twisted: so when they name a SuperDuperDreadnaught/Pod Keyhole II Apollo missile slinging ship and class after her... Well.

HMS Sonja Hemphill
"Horrible Hemphill"
You're so screwed

Good Lord, this entire forum knows how I feel about Sonja Hemphill - what do you think I want?? :lol:

With that said, if a ship is ever named after her, it had damn better well be nicknamed the "Horrible Hemphill" or heads will roll. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:11 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

roseandheather wrote:With that said, if a ship is ever named after her, it had damn better well be nicknamed the "Horrible Hemphill" or heads will roll. :mrgreen:

Best hope that is a long time in the future: The RMN names ships after DEAD heroes.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Yow   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:00 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Weird Harold wrote:
roseandheather wrote:With that said, if a ship is ever named after her, it had damn better well be nicknamed the "Horrible Hemphill" or heads will roll. :mrgreen:

Best hope that is a long time in the future: The RMN names ships after DEAD heroes.

Not true! Not true! :o You just gotta learn how to slip'em in past the gravitics and not be swayed by some egocentric-less dame, ya know? Not mentioning any names, wouldn't be an honorable thing to say. (Graysons, way to hang in there :mrgreen: no one understands stick together stubbornness like the Graysons. Tester bless their lil'hearts).
Besides, I think Sonja deserves it. If Hyman Rickover, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan could get one why not our Sonja too?

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by cthia   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:27 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:

Yow wrote:
Not true! Not true! :o You just gotta learn how to slip'em in past the gravitics and not be swayed by some egocentric-less dame, ya know? Not mentioning any names, wouldn't be an honorable thing to say. (Graysons, way to hang in there :mrgreen: no one understands stick together stubbornness like the Graysons. Tester bless their lil'hearts).
Besides, I think Sonja deserves it. If Hyman Rickover, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan could get one why not our Sonja too?

Especially since the precedent has already been set with the accidental naming of the eponymous GSN Honor Harrington. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Yow   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:50 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:Especially since the precedent has already been set with the accidental naming of the eponymous GSN Honor Harrington. :lol:
The RMN is the problem. They recinded it, the little chicken CENSORED!!! Too much of a CENSORED CENSORED if you ask me! Couldn't CENSORED stand shoulder to shoulder with the Graysons? What is she going to do quit? Rip your head off? Feed you to a pack of reporters? Pbbbth!!! Not with that colossal sense of duty. CENSORED Shenanigans!
I stayed up too late again I'm off to bed.

Post by n7axw   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:04 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Dunno. After Buttercup I suspect it became "Wonderful Hemphill"! :lol:

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PalmerSperry   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:08 am

PalmerSperry
Commander

roseandheather wrote:

Only with the Manticorans ... I suspect she remained Horrible Hemphill for the Havenites (at least those of them who know of her) for some time afterwards?

Return to Honorverse