Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 135 guests

A Beautiful Friendship - excellent "tween"/teen/young adult

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: A Beautiful Friendship - excellent "tween"/teen/young ad
Post by runsforcelery   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:09 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

dreamrider wrote:Recently in another thread David said they hope to come back to them sometime, but there are no more actually on the schedule in the immediate future.

(dr comment: David's writing/collab schedule seems to stay fairly firm for about 2 years out from whatever moment he is commenting.)

He said there was combination of too much pressure of other major projects, and limited financial return for Baen.

Looks like for the next year to 2 years, the Travis Long/early RMN collab w/ Tim Zahn will take up those slots in the publication queue.

dreamrider

If you want more of them, pester Toni and Baen about it. :) I'm sure if there was enough pressure they could be moved up in terms of what goes into . . . wait for it . . . waaaait for it . . . into My Copious Free Time. :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

YOU have free time? Time in whihc you arent slaving away on another book for us? Im shocked, shocked i tell you......

Obviously, we arent cracking the whip hard enough... :D

Seriously though, you really spoil us with the sheer amount of work you put into each book, and the sheer amount of books/series you put out for your fans. thank you so much for all the entertainment and ideas over the years david.

runsforcelery wrote:
dreamrider wrote:Recently in another thread David said they hope to come back to them sometime, but there are no more actually on the schedule in the immediate future.

(dr comment: David's writing/collab schedule seems to stay fairly firm for about 2 years out from whatever moment he is commenting.)

He said there was combination of too much pressure of other major projects, and limited financial return for Baen.

Looks like for the next year to 2 years, the Travis Long/early RMN collab w/ Tim Zahn will take up those slots in the publication queue.

dreamrider

If you want more of them, pester Toni and Baen about it. :) I'm sure if there was enough pressure they could be moved up in terms of what goes into . . . wait for it . . . waaaait for it . . . into My Copious Free Time. :lol:
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:19 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Spacekiwi wrote:YOU have free time? Time in whihc you arent slaving away on another book for us? Im shocked, shocked i tell you......

Obviously, we arent cracking the whip hard enough... :D

Seriously though, you really spoil us with the sheer amount of work you put into each book, and the sheer amount of books/series you put out for your fans. thank you so much for all the entertainment and ideas over the years david.

runsforcelery wrote:If you want more of them, pester Toni and Baen about it. :) I'm sure if there was enough pressure they could be moved up in terms of what goes into . . . wait for it . . . waaaait for it . . . into My Copious Free Time. :lol:

Not to mention the time he spends *here* offering corrections, clarifying his thinking in why he did certain things in certain ways, and generally interacting with the fans. That certainly takes up valuable time as well.

Especially when he makes his *long* posts - except for the three to Michael :lol:
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

If we want him spend less time writing long posts here, to realign wrong thinking, then we need to stop making outrageous and offensive assumptions unsupported by the last 20 years of his life's work...

...and you trolls know who you are! <grin>

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse