Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 127 guests

Things that made me chuckle while reading

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Things that made me chuckle while reading
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:14 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

In Echoes of Honor...

Nimitz sent images of Honor as a treecat, wearing an eyepatch, a naval beret, and Commodore's shoulderboards, chasing down a chipmunk with the face of Admiral Stiles. It makes Honor split-a-rib, she then admonishes him for his low sense of humor.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

During a period of skirmishes in Harrington Steading, Honor attended a baseball game where she witnessed men carrying weapons hellbent on murder! Poor LaFollet had a heck of a time explaining that they were only planning to murder the ball.

It's just baseball Honor. And they're all Caseys with a Bat!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pushmar   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:54 pm

pushmar
Lieutenant Commander

From HotQ

"Courvosier sighed. "But, you see, women on Grayson have no legal rights, Honor—none at all."
"What?!" Honor jerked upright in her chair.

"Precisely. They can't vote, can't own property, can't sit on juries, and—especially!—can't serve in the military."
"But that's . . . that's barbaric!"
"Oh, I don't know," Courvosier said with a lurking grin. "Might be a bit restful, now and then."
Honor glared at him, and his grin faded.
"That wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be.
Post by Roguevictory   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

I thought of one that was really only amusing to me.

When I was in high school there were two brothers who seemed to think their sole purpose in life was to make my time in high school a nightmare. Their names were Josh abd David Detweiler.

So when I first read about the leaders of the Mesan Alignment my thought was evil must run in the family but why in the name of all that was ever holy would someone genetically engineer their descendants? I than came to the conclusion that ut was done because if they could make someone from their gene pool to the level the Mesan Detweilers were at it was proof they could do it to anyone.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

For someone as prim and proper as Honor she has a rather pointed way of giving someone the finger.

—Courtesy of Tierney, 12-yr-old niece.

Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

From At All Costs

This and many similar incidences...
Corporal Thackston interrupted a sparring match of Harrington's. He ran into the presence of Andrew LaFollet and almost got himself shot because he was so anxious and full of dread delivering the Case Zulu message. Yet all he got out of Honor was...

"Thank you, Corporal," she said, her voice crisp yet calm enough the Marine looked at her in something very like disbelief.

Just once I wish one of the peons will muster the courage to speak his mind.

'Captain Harrington, did you hear what I said?!' After all, why should they be the only ones about to excrement the 'fruit of the looms?'

Post by George J. Smith   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:59 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Ashes of Victory,
Honor's interview with Andrea Jarawalski,

Of all the things she missed on Hell, she often thought she missed Old Tilman most. The StateSec garrison had imported Peep beer (most of which could have been poured back into the horse and left the universe a better place, in Honor's opinion... :lol:
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Hutch   » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:Ashes of Victory,
Honor's interview with Andrea Jarawalski,

Of all the things she missed on Hell, she often thought she missed Old Tilman most. The StateSec garrison had imported Peep beer (most of which could have been poured back into the horse and left the universe a better place, in Honor's opinion... :lol:

Agreed, George, well worth a grin and a giggle....I remember years ago seeing a drawing of a Stallion drinking out of a vat of Coors while...disposing of the product into a keg labeled Budweiser. Given that my Brother worked for Budweiser, I made sure he got a copy....
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Honorverse