Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 155 guests

trailer for Tales of Honor

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
trailer for Tales of Honor
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:34 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Guys ---

I just got a look at the trailer Top Cow's put out to more or less coincide with the release of the 3rd issue of Tales of Honor. You can see it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqxiKPJZLlE.

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with it. I like the way the comics are developing the story line, and I know the art's still in progress for them. If the idea's to introduce the Honorverse to people who haven't read the book --- and that is a lot of the purpose --- I think this is probably going to be pretty darn effective.

Whattya thinkK

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: trailer for Tales of Honor
Post by Aleyoops   » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

Wow, that was really pretty good. :D
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:36 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

runsforcelery wrote:Guys ---

I just got a look at the trailer Top Cow's put out to more or less coincide with the release of the 3rd issue of Tales of Honor.

<snip>

Whattya thinkK

Too short. :lol: My pinnace/HMS Fearless flyaround and docking is longer than that.* ;)

Seriously, though... it looks cool.

*Although admittedly, it's a bit boring compared to the trailer.
Post by bunyipbelle   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:57 am

bunyipbelle
Lieutenant Commander

I really liked the trailer.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:09 am

roseandheather
Admiral

bunyipbelle wrote:I really liked the trailer.

I really liked the trailer, too!

...I didn't like the voiceover so much, though...

*ducks tomatoes*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:17 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Speaking only for myself I have to say that I am not as impressed with this trailers as others are.

Something is missing for me and I am not sure what it is. The human side maybe. It looks all technical, sterile and cold. Not speaking to my heart.

Also the text in combination with the music is so heroic that it makes me cringe internally.

One of the cool things about the Honor I know - or imagine - is that she is heroic without announcing it with a lot of fanfare. But face it - her heroism already is borderline. You manage to keep her just this side of painful. But add a little bombast to it (like in this video) and the heroism thing goes over the top and into 'gah' territory.

I am sorry but I also don't like some of the art.

It may all be an age thing. At nearly 50 I am not the target audience.

Still - you wanted an opinion and got it :P
Post by crewdude48   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:22 am

crewdude48
Commodore

It was OK. Not really my cup of tea, especially the voiceover; "Will Honor survive?". OF COURSE SHE WILL!!! THE ENTIRE THING IS A FREAKING FLASH BACK!!! HARD TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE IF YOU DIE, NOW ISN'T IT!!!
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:49 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Bruno Behrends wrote:I am sorry but I also don't like some of the art.

Do you mean the art style, or the designs? I'm not thrilled by some of the designs, but the artwork itself is fantastic considering it's being used for a comic. It takes me back to the days of Heavy Metal magazine back in the 80's, as well as Epic Illustrated (similar to Heavy Metal, but not quite as adult).

Bruno Behrends wrote:It may all be an age thing. At nearly 50 I am not the target audience.

I'll turn 50 in just under 3 months, and I'm enjoying the comics. It's not an age thing. It's a taste thing, and I *don't* mean that to be insulting. It's just not to your taste, or maybe you just prefer it to be closer to the descriptions in the books.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:55 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Couldnt stop stop snickering at the voiceover, but looks reasonable for a comic trailer. :)

That voiceover though.......
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:16 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

I am not talking about the comics. I am talking specifically about this YouTube trailer with the music and the voiceover.

I looked at the free comic frames on the Evergreen webpage and liked them well enough. No - it's definitely the trailer I am talking about.

And I don't mean to imply in any way that the artist can't draw. He certainly can :P It's a design thing. BTW: I like his stilties.

MaxxQ wrote:
Bruno Behrends wrote:I am sorry but I also don't like some of the art.

Do you mean the art style, or the designs? I'm not thrilled by some of the designs, but the artwork itself is fantastic considering it's being used for a comic. It takes me back to the days of Heavy Metal magazine back in the 80's, as well as Epic Illustrated (similar to Heavy Metal, but not quite as adult).

Bruno Behrends wrote:It may all be an age thing. At nearly 50 I am not the target audience.

I'll turn 50 in just under 3 months, and I'm enjoying the comics. It's not an age thing. It's a taste thing, and I *don't* mean that to be insulting. It's just not to your taste, or maybe you just prefer it to be closer to the descriptions in the books.

Return to Honorverse