Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests

trailer for Tales of Honor

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: trailer for Tales of Honor
Post by kbus888   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 am

kbus888
Vice Admiral

=2014/06/12=
I Like it !!

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:42 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

crewdude48 wrote:It was OK. Not really my cup of tea, especially the voiceover; "Will Honor survive?". OF COURSE SHE WILL!!! THE ENTIRE THING IS A FREAKING FLASH BACK!!! HARD TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE IF YOU DIE, NOW ISN'T IT!!!

Granted . . . at least as far as OBS is concerned. There was that panel of her aboard Tepes however, hmmmmm? ;) If you haven't already read the books you might be excused for not knowing if she's going to survive that. :P

Although, admittedly, character-centered series being character-centered series . . . . . :roll:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by namelessfly   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:18 pm

namelessfly

I missed the second issue as it was sold out. It takes me over an hour to drive to the comic book store.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I loved it. Makes me want to collect the comics too.

But I agree, the voice over sounds like it's being read from a teleprompter. The guy sounds far removed from being an Honorverse fan himself. I could be wrong, but that's how he sounds. And where'd he get that voice? He sounds like he's being forced to read the lines at gunpoint.

I could've recommended a few die-hard forumites that would've delivered much better.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:50 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

I liked the graphics, however I agree the voice over could have been better, were did that get that guy some one holding a sign 'Will work for food'?

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:00 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

pokermind wrote:I liked the graphics, however I agree the voice over could have been better, were did that get that guy some one holding a sign 'Will work for food'?

Poker

Oi! I take offense to that! I could have been hired for food and done a better job than that!! :P :lol:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by hvb   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:57 am

hvb
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yes a very 'tele-prompted' read, with pauses used in place of inflection. :roll:

I also like how they hawk all the Evergreen-related products at the end, but conveniently leave out the Weber novels ... to avoid confusion with the graphic novels? :?

(They did however make the mistake of leaving in a reference to the 'Honorverse', so a newcomer who bothers to type that into a search engine will be able to find and notice that the product is associated with some David Weber person who seems to have also written a sleet of novels in that 'verse). :o

Other than that, nice video composition, ... my opinion on the art choices can be seen in my comments on the two first Tales. (I do like the Stilties in a fishing boat, that image has a nice touch to it).

roseandheather wrote:
pokermind wrote:I liked the graphics, however I agree the voice over could have been better, were did that get that guy some one holding a sign 'Will work for food'?

Poker

Oi! I take offense to that! I could have been hired for food and done a better job than that!! :P :lol:

Return to Honorverse