Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests

Issues due to the size of polities

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Issues due to the size of polities
Post by drothgery   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:42 am

drothgery
Admiral

KNick wrote:
Vince wrote:I always thought Rozack was Frontier Fleet, not Battle Fleet. After all, he had actual combat experience (pirates, rebel movements and such).

He is now FF, but if I recall correctly, he started in BF. I seem to remember a bit about him being unusual in that he was from a Shell world, but made it into Battle Fleet to start his career. He later transferred to FF to gain combat experience. One of the reasons I was under the impression that he had been thinking about this for a long time.

Huh? Are you sure? I don't remember anything of the sort; I'm fairly certain he was always FF.
Post by KNick   » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:58 pm

KNick
Admiral

drothgery wrote:
KNick wrote:He is now FF, but if I recall correctly, he started in BF. I seem to remember a bit about him being unusual in that he was from a Shell world, but made it into Battle Fleet to start his career. He later transferred to FF to gain combat experience. One of the reasons I was under the impression that he had been thinking about this for a long time.

Huh? Are you sure? I don't remember anything of the sort; I'm fairly certain he was always FF.

Mostly, I am speculating based on the description of him being considered an outsider by both BF and FF. He would have started out as an "outsider" in BF because he was from a Shell world, rather than being from the Core. He would have been an "outsider" to FF because he transferred from BF. As I have admitted, this is pure speculation on my part, as I have not found anything specific either way. But if he had initially joined FF from a Shell world, FF would not have considered him an outsider, since that is where most of the FF officers are from.

Another reason I think he spent time in BF is because he has an extensive support structure with enough clout to get him assigned to the Maya Sector. That took some real political pull in the Admiralty. It is a plum assignment. But from what we have seen, a FF officer probably would not have that kind of pull without sponsors in BF. This idea is all based on innuendo and inference, with a lot of reading between the lines, rather than on specific textev, of which there is nothing either way.

As for the amount of time he has been thinking about this, and working towards his goal, look at the people he has surrounded himself with. It takes a lot of time to find the right people for his plan and a lot of time to cement them to his cause.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by tlb   » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:27 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Here is another thread with a long post by RFC that I would prefer not get lost to time.
Post by TangoLima   » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:38 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Is there an archive of DW's longer posts somewhere ?
Post by Jonathan_S   » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

TangoLima wrote:Is there an archive of DW's longer posts somewhere ?

A few have been saved over at http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/ but that is by no means exclusive.

Many others have been lost to time, board crashes, etc.

Return to Honorverse