Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Call to Duty

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Call to Duty
Post by jthoma8318   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:12 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

This has probably been up before, but I've been away from the forums for a while. Any idea what this is about? Time line? I'm guessing sometime after plague years and the Junction was being mapped? Baen site says published 10/2014.
Re: Call to Duty
Post by n7axw   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:20 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

jthoma8318 wrote:This has probably been up before, but I've been away from the forums for a while. Any idea what this is about? Time line? I'm guessing sometime after plague years and the Junction was being mapped? Baen site says published 10/2014.

That's the Travis Long stuff, I think. IIRC, it happens right after the plague years prior to the discovery of the junction. Its going to be available in October thru BN and I have decided to wait until then.

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by saber964   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 pm

saber964
Admiral

n7axw wrote:
jthoma8318 wrote:This has probably been up before, but I've been away from the forums for a while. Any idea what this is about? Time line? I'm guessing sometime after plague years and the Junction was being mapped? Baen site says published 10/2014.

That's the Travis Long stuff, I think. IIRC, it happens right after the plague years prior to the discovery of the junction. Its going to be available in October thru BN and I have decided to wait until then.

Don

The Travis Long books take place in the 1530's to 1540's PD. IIRC A Call to Arms takes place in 1543 PD and A Call to Duty 1529-33 PD
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:58 pm

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

I think the Travis Long books are envisioned to eventually cover events throughout Long's entire naval career, throughout the initial build up of the RMN to a deep space navy with extra-system reach. Possibly as late as the 1560's.

First transit wasn't until 1585, so it would be unreasonable to follow a single character that long, but it there might be a child or protégé that would take it that far.

dreamrider

Return to Honorverse