Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Post by CLA   » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 pm

CLA
Ensign

Last edited by CLA on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's sad when the only words out of people's mouths our "I/we can't" or "it won't work" instead of trying to find ways to do things.
But then, what do I know - I'm nobody. :(
Re: Any other books planned?
Post by SWM   » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Jane Lindskold is writing the series. We don't know for sure how long it is intended to go, but the impression I've gotten is that it could cover much of Stephanie's early career. And she hasn't even gotten out of high school yet.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
You Mean There Are MORE Honorverse Novels?
Post by HB of CJ   » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:43 pm

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

And...never start a paragraph with a conjunction ... no ... wait ... you mean there are MORE Honorverse novels for me to read ... that I am NOT aware of? I am still waiting for our library to hold "Cauldron Of Ghosts". HB of CJ (old coot) LT.CM.
Post by Vince   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:43 am

Vince
Vice Admiral

CLA wrote:I'm on the third book in the Star Kingdom series, and am wondering if anyone knows whether Mr. Weber plans to write any more books in this series.

The question came up in another thread as well, and runsforcelery answered:

viewtopic.php?p=145547
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:45 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Jane Lindskold is good with animal-based stories. Her Firekeeper Series is an interesting take on the "child raised by wild animals" storyline.
Through Wolf's Eyes
Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart
The Dragon Of Despair
Wolf Captured
Wolf Hunting
Wolf's Blood

Given that she can do strong female characters and interesting non-human characters, I hold high hopes for her future Treecat novels.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

I have seen reference several times to an item, apparently an assumed or planned or hinted book, with the acronym handle "HFQ". Context of these references implies (tenuously) that this is a handle for the next Honorverse main arc book.

Despite being a pretty well connected DW fan, I have not been able to find any more about this (presumed) book.

Anyone know what HFQ stands for? Further, anyone know if this is an implied project, working title, author confirmed scheduled item, etc?

Last I heard from the author's lips, at Honorcon, was possibly an Honor book in first half (later rather than earlier) of next year. Beyond Cauldron, I mean.

dreamrider
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:51 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

HB of CJ,

Star Kingdom books are a series of young adult novels co-authored by David and Jane Lindskold, focused around the earliest interactions of treecats with humans, and Stephanie Harrington, Honor's ancestor.

There are three:
A Beautiful Friendship
Fire Season
Treecat Wars

They are set in the mid-to-late 1530's (though I haven't been able to pin down the exact year), just as the assisted re-population immigration effort is coming to a close, and before the realization of the wormhole potential began to fuel the rise of the SKM to interstellar prominence.

There is another Honorverse series starting up, with an in-universe start date at about the same time (mid-late 1530s), that deals with the early days of the Royal Manticoran Navy, through the career of an officer named Travis Long. The arc is intended to cover his whole career, which happens to coincide with the wormhole-potential fueled expansion of the RMN into a true interstellar force.

Those books are also a collaboration, guided by David and largely written by Timothy Zahn assisted by Tom Pope of Bu9. The first of those is targeted for late this year (2014), I believe. David usually refers to this series as the "Travis Long books", but I also recall speculation that they may come to be known as the "RMN series".

There is a long Travis Long story by Zahn in the anthology Beginnings. Due to the significant events of that story, I will be surprised if it is not incorporated/expanded in the first or second of the Travis Long books.

Finally, if you are interested in some books which are quite different in detailed subject matter, but which read and "feel" very much "middle-Weber" (FiE thru AAC), I highly recommend DW's Safehold series, published by Tor Books. Be prepared for a few historical technology of warfare infodumps, however. Very David. <grin>

This is sort of David's "Lord Kalvan" series.

(How many people have caught onto THAT, RFC?)

dreamrider
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

dreamrider wrote:I have seen reference several times to an item, apparently an assumed or planned or hinted book, with the acronym handle "HFQ". Context of these references implies (tenuously) that this is a handle for the next Honorverse main arc book.

Despite being a pretty well connected DW fan, I have not been able to find any more about this (presumed) book.

Anyone know what HFQ stands for? Further, anyone know if this is an implied project, working title, author confirmed scheduled item, etc?

Last I heard from the author's lips, at Honorcon, was possibly an Honor book in first half (later rather than earlier) of next year. Beyond Cauldron, I mean.

dreamrider

Hell's Foundations Quiver (HFQ) is the next book in the Safehold series, which is currently being written. DW posted that he had 160,000 words done on May 19th.
Post by dreamrider   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:01 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Darn. Should have realized that, having just read LAMA, and reading the tweets.

I was focused on trying to make it something starting with "Honor", however (even numbered book, #14 - though I don't actually think that David consciously tries to do that.) <grin>

At least that makes it slightly more likely that it will be available for Christmas. (Tor's processing to publish time is slightly longer than Baen, though.)

dreamrider
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:11 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

dreamrider wrote:Darn. Should have realized that, having just read LAMA, and reading the tweets.

I was focused on trying to make it something starting with "Honor", however (even numbered book, #14 - though I don't actually think that David consciously tries to do that.) <grin>

At least that makes it slightly more likely that it will be available for Christmas. (Tor's processing to publish time is slightly longer than Baen, though.)

dreamrider

I would guess he might be finished about the end of June, depending on how long the book is going to be. That seems like it should be enough time for Tor to have it out for Christmas, if they want to. Depends what they think will bring in most money in the pre-Christmas sales rush.

Return to Honorverse