Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Expended missiles

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Expended missiles
Post by cralkhi   » Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 pm

cralkhi
Captain of the List

Scuffles wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that the same person who guilt tripped herself about killing military personnel who were actively shooting at her at the time is going to suddenly turn around and commit cold blooded genocide against the non-military citizens of Darius just for having the temerity to live on a world that's owned by the bad guys?

Seriously?

Exactly.
Post by runsforcelery   » Thu May 29, 2014 11:35 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

lyonheart wrote:Hi KNick, NamelessFly,

Just as Kutuzov sterilized a colony planet in 'The Mote In God's Eye', I won't be surprised if HA-H makes the same decision.

I won't be surprised, either; I'll be astounded.

Not --- repeat, NOT --- going to happen, and I am flabbergasted that anyone might think it would. Where the hell have you people been for the last 20 years of Honor Harrington's life? Vengeance personified against the people who actually did this and the hierarchy which ordered it carried out? Damned straight! But did none of you notice that she went after the commander of Blackbird Base rather than simply shooting the first prisoner she saw? She's a killer, people, not a murderer, and especially not on a planetary scale. She would die before she allowed anyone to genocide an entire frigging planet . . . and so would those treecats people have been talking about.

For God's sake, people, let's see a little sanity here, please?

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by dreamrider   » Fri May 30, 2014 9:25 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

Oh, thank you, David. Sincerely.

(Can't you revoke their future reading priviledges? Maybe a 5-year time out? Put them on a Watch List for the opening of HotQ:M?)

Personally, I expect that one of the unexpected downfalls of the MAlign is going to be that when devoted MASN personnel are blithely ordered to actually violate the EE, some simply won't do it. They are, after all, carefully bred to be extremely smart, extremely rational sentient beings. The outbreak of sanity represented by McBryde and Simoes in such a population cannot be an isolated case.

dreamrider
Post by namelessfly   » Fri May 30, 2014 11:31 am

namelessfly

If we can't have an exciting genocidal attack against Darius, can we at least have another shower scene?

How about Honor showering with Elizebeth?

Or Abby Hearnes showering with Admiral Henke?

Honor showering with Henke is to obvious because they were room mates at Saganami Island.

How about Honor showering with Elizebeth and Adm Henke?

The ultimate would be Honor showering with Elizebeth, Henke and Abby!

runsforcelery wrote:

Just as Kutuzov sterilized a colony planet in 'The Mote In God's Eye', I won't be surprised if HA-H makes the same decision.

Not --- repeat, NOT --- going to happen, and I am flabbergasted that anyone might think it would. Where the hell have you people been for the last 20 years of Honor Harrington's life? Vengeance personified against the people who actually did this and the hierarchy which ordered it carried out? Damned straight! But did none of you notice that she went after the commander of Blackbird Base rather than simply shooting the first prisoner she saw? She's a killer, people, not a murderer, and especially not on a planetary scale. She would die before she allowed anyone to genocide an entire frigging planet . . . and so would those treecats people have been talking about.

Post by lyonheart   » Fri May 30, 2014 11:45 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hello RFC!

We've missed you!

I'm very glad for the correction.

It makes me even more curious how she's going to fix Darius.

Looking forward to it, however many books it takes. ;)

L

runsforcelery wrote:

Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Grashtel   » Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 am

Grashtel
Captain of the List

lyonheart wrote:Hello RFC!

We've missed you!

I'm very glad for the correction.

It makes me even more curious how she's going to fix Darius.

Looking forward to it, however many books it takes. ;)

L

Probably in much the same way as Masada, time and education while strictly limiting their space capability.
Post by Hutch   » Fri May 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

namelessfly wrote:If we can't have an exciting genocidal attack against Darius, can we at least have another shower scene?

How about Honor showering with Elizabeth?

Or Abby Hearnes showering with Admiral Henke?

Honor showering with Henke is to obvious because they were room mates at Saganami Island.

How about Honor showering with Elizabeth and Adm Henke?

The ultimate would be Honor showering with Elizabeth, Henke and Abby!

For being a man obsessed with being clean, you have such dirty thoughts.... :lol: 8-)
Last edited by Hutch on Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Duckk   » Fri May 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Namelessfly, I told you before to rein it in with the sexual comments.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Hutch   » Fri May 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:I won't be surprised, either; I'll be astounded.

OK, one order of sanity. No EE for Honor (and it was a bit silly to think so, IMHO. Even on Hell, which had about as bad a bunch of humans as you can imagine in SS, she stopped the slaughter as soon as she could and provided honest and just court martials for the survivors.

That said, it doesn't mean that there won't be an EE incident--things are going to fall apart big-time, and there will be a lot of people grabbing onto whatever looks like security so they can to somehow stabilize their lives, and Bad People will end up in control of at least some planets (see Earth history from almost any time). And their actions may not be rational (Does anyone doubt what a Warnecke would do if he thought he could get away with it?)

Heck, you don't even need opposing planets--the people of Cimmarron (sic) were ready to cue-ball their planet before OFS/FF intervention, and whos' to say if FF withdraws (and before the GA can do anything about it), that they might not take the notion into their heads again (not a EE violation, per se, but still a shocking loss of life).

Things will get ugly--very ugly--but Honor will do her best to see that they don't get too ugly and that it is those who bear the brunt of the blame who get whacked real hard.

IMHO as always. YMMV.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Hutch   » Fri May 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Duckk wrote:Namelessfly, I told you before to rein it in with the sexual comments.

Read this after I posted my comments.

Apologies for encouraging the fly. Will desist from doing so.

Return to Honorverse