Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stonewall and 16 guests

Honorverse ramblings and musings

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse ramblings and musings
Post by stewart   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:42 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

A Few Thoughts --

Post UH --
Now that the Solaran OFS is dissolved, can anyone see the likelihood of a Grayson Diplomatic and Merchant mission to Saltash or Tiberian ?

Both planets have a strong (although different) faith components to them and Abigail apparently made a very favorable first impression at both.
I suspect Gov.Duenas is out of a job at this point. Perhaps Brother Madison from Grayson can offer his services to mediate a resolution between the Republic of MacPhee and the Republic of Lochore since both have experienced the gentle hand of external master.
I know we are talking about Scots and Irish, but (almost) anything is possible.

-- Stewart
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

stewart wrote:A Few Thoughts --

Post UH --
Now that the Solaran OFS is dissolved, can anyone see the likelihood of a Grayson Diplomatic and Merchant mission to Saltash or Tiberian ?

Both planets have a strong (although different) faith components to them and Abigail apparently made a very favorable first impression at both.
I suspect Gov.Duenas is out of a job at this point. Perhaps Brother Madison from Grayson can offer his services to mediate a resolution between the Republic of MacPhee and the Republic of Lochore since both have experienced the gentle hand of external master.
I know we are talking about Scots and Irish, but (almost) anything is possible.

-- Stewart

Diplomatic in what way? To spread the faith? I don't see Grayson as a society who wants to spread their religion. Or, traditionally, to spread the word of God. To do so, would mean having to invite off-worlders to come and worship in their faith. I don't see Grayson wanting to dilute its faith with the ideologies of off-world infidels.

Last edited by cthia on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:31 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Howard J Howe wrote:As in many things the ends can not be tainted by the means or the ends are corrupted by the means and dammed.

Do something strait on not through the back door.

Have a plan everyone can work from for the betterment of all.

Burdett wasn't about Gods will he was about secular power cloaked in piety and hypocrisy, he was willing to sin to regain that power. He death was just and legal under Greyson law.

I have no problem with Faith and Politic's working toward a common goal. But neither should dictate to the other. They should give well reasoned and moral arguments for or against an course of action or goal and must be based not on just what was done in the past but what needs to be done for everyone. Not in broad terms such as the greater good, but the details of the subject one is talking about.

And for everyone's sake keep the lawyers on a leash. They mean well but like accountants they can strangle they very thing they wish to protect.

Welcome to the forums!

It is customary to offer a virtual beverage of your choice. Old Tilman is quite popular, though I suggest cocoa.

Your first post is very appreciated. The fact that the very often controversial ramblings and musings thread and this present can-o-worms, is appealing enough to draw you in is telling. I've tried laboriously to convey to many other posters how the Opposition, certainly the Opposition, would find the contents of this can-o-worms very very appealing, very very interesting, and very very telling.

Do enjoy the forums!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse