Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Movie or tv series

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Movie or tv series
Post by MadHatter   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:57 am

MadHatter
Midshipman

I noticed you have come up with a game but have you ever though on a grander scale. Think Star Trek!!! I could see this as a series that could run for years. I would watch it. Honor already has a cult following of sorts.
Re: Movie or tv series
Post by Aleyoops   » Sat May 24, 2014 9:56 pm

Aleyoops
Commander

IMHO I think due to the sheer volume of work available in the Honorverse a TV series would be a better fit. But then again that is just me. Not that I would not enjoy the movie format, I will. But these books just feel more like a series than a movie.
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Sat May 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

I think the series will work fine as a movie series up through In Enemy Hands. Even Echoes of Honor could be a movie, I suppose, but only if the movie was about Honor on Cerberus. After that, it gets much harder to do movies of the books.
I For One Am Not So Sure And Why
Post by HB of CJ   » Sun May 25, 2014 12:28 am

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

Star Trek has already peaked as far as new movies go. My opinion. I walked out of the first re done alternate history Star Trek film and demanded my money back. It was that bad... in my opinion.

I have not even seen the second re done Star Trek movie "Into Darkness". It is unfortunate when Hollywood director's self imagined reach exceeds their grasp, or the other way around? Two bad Star Trek films.

Some others were ok, with only two were being well done. Two sucked. Plus, and this is important, with profound respect for Mr. Weber, there are now hundreds of Star Trek novels now in print. Some are very good.

A few are truly excellent. Many are very poor. Unfortunately, I have read most if not all of them. I do not watch TV. I read for recreation when I have the time, which nowadays is often. Too often? Maybe.

I for one do not think we know yet if the Honerverse has enough legs to be considered as a doable,(and $profitable$) TV series. Science fiction space opera TV now seems to be on the way out, not in?

Another fear I have is that the new Star Wars films will also badly bomb. The viewing public is now burned out? My opinion only. Others will differ, which is good. I hope the Honor film works $OK$.

HB of CJ (old coot) Lt.Cm. Rough post..sorry. I love this Forum!
Post by ame132   » Sun May 25, 2014 12:50 am

ame132
Midshipman

ASOIAF style tv series would be best
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sun May 25, 2014 12:52 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I really don't think they realize that the movie is in the works.

See the evergreen subforum at the top of the forum options Honorverse page.
Post by ame132   » Sun May 25, 2014 1:03 am

ame132
Midshipman

of course we know about the movie
and HotQ movie is probably the best start from the financial standpoint
but tv series would be better
Post by Roguevictory   » Sun May 25, 2014 1:23 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

Honestly if they were to do a TV series I would rather it be a sidestory to the novels rather than covering the same events as them. Same timeframe, and guest appearances by the major players but focus on new characters battles and events, or new views of existing ones.

Or just set it in a different era if an appropriate one can be decided on.
Post by crewdude48   » Sun May 25, 2014 1:37 am

crewdude48
Commodore

When it was first announced, I mentioned that I hoped it would be a TV miniseries. Something like Dune on the SciFi (I will never spell it the way they do) Chanel. The 2 hour long 1984 movie Dune was... bad to say the least, but the 4 and a half hour long miniseries was both more or less true to the book and rather well done.

I still feel that a 90 minute movie will have to cut so very much from Honor of the Queen, and I suspect that I will be sad about that.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun May 25, 2014 4:24 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...animated TV series?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Honorverse