Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests

Movie or tv series

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Movie or tv series
Post by Bill Woods   » Tue May 27, 2014 7:15 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:
John Prigent wrote:If I had to nominate my favourite for 'worst-ever movie from a good book' it would simply have to be The War of the Worlds.

I assume that you're talking about the more recent version because the first film version was pretty good, while the radio play was inspired.

Seriously, how many radio plays cause mass panic?
Multiple times! http://www.radiolab.org/story/91624-cou ... and-again/
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by dreamrider   » Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

As I understand it, Evergreen would have the latitude to shift the treatment of the later parts of the Honorverse arc to a mini-series, a TV series, a CGI format, or a web production. Heck, they could make it as a subscription deal, I think.

As I understand the scope of their arrangement (from hearing David talk about it), about the only media that they might not have rights for would be direct telepathic broadcast, and I'm not too sure about that.

dreamrider
Post by John Prigent   » Wed May 28, 2014 5:33 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Oooh, I like that ! :D
Cheers
John
Spacekiwi wrote:The ones that have fake ads for 80% off at such and su=ch store, today only...? :D :lol:

[quote="Michael Everett
Seriously, how many radio plays cause mass panic?
[/quote]
Post by jthoma8318   » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 pm

jthoma8318
Captain (Junior Grade)

There are at least 3 more actually, one of which is animated. Last one finally introduces battle armor. They are as bad as the first one.

MaxxQ wrote:
Starship Troopers is pretty infamously a movie that was written separately then attached to the name for marketing. The director was on record as having only read the first chapter or two, then putting the book down and forgetting about it.

Haven't read the book. Kinda enjoyed the brain washing setup of the movie. ...Cough
Anyways, I did hear about the difference to put it mildly from the series and the movie. I think the biggest part of it was doogie howser in the totalitarian getup...that is the impression I got from reading the discussion on how bad it was.[/quote]

Neil Patrick Harris was the *least* of the problems with that "movie". Singular - there *are* no other Starship Troopers movies, and if I had my way, there wouldn't be the first one, either. :mrgreen:

Read the book.[/quote]
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:26 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

jthoma8318 wrote:There are at least 3 more actually, one of which is animated. Last one finally introduces battle armor. They are as bad as the first one.

Oh, I am *quite* aware of the "sequels" as well as the animated one (not that I've watched any of them). I just don't see a need to acknowledge them if I hate the first one so much.

Me saying the others don't exist is my way of denying any credibilty to them.

It's like everyone saying that there are only three Star Wars movies, all made in the '70's and '80's. Which point I also agree with.

Return to Honorverse