Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 87 guests

Honorverse Interesting Encounters

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse Interesting Encounters
Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 5:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

HIE,
I often want for certain people to just meet each other, for good conversation, gossip, trade secrets and the possibility of a very beneficial friendship.

I'd simply love for Shannon Foraker and Horace Harkness to just have lunch together. Can you imagine the conversation turning to 'puters? Oh the trade secrets those two could share. After about an hour into it, Anton Zilwicki accidentally bumps into their table and it becomes a threesome, talking computers! :o

The result of their several hour luncheon would be a special requested meeting with Elizabeth and Pritchart stating that all computers and security protocols will have to be rethought. :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Honorverse Interesting Encounters
Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 5:48 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Helga Boltitz meeting and having lunch with Stacy Hauptman. What Stacy, with all of her money and power, could do for Helga. Stacy could even hire Helga to head up her new news media. That luncheon could turn out to be the most historical bread-breaking for an entire poor planet of Dresdeners.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by munroburton   » Thu May 22, 2014 8:53 am

munroburton
Admiral

cthia wrote:Helga Boltitz meeting and having lunch with Stacy Hauptman. What Stacy, with all of her money and power, could do for Helga. Stacy could even hire Helga to head up her new news media. That luncheon could turn out to be the most historical bread-breaking for an entire poor planet of Dresdeners.

I hope Gwen has had enough time to soften Helga's harsher attitudes towards the powerful and rich. Otherwise, that meeting could be quite interesting. :P

Actually, I'd like to see a little more antagonism/friction. One of the best parts of War of Honor was watching the High Ridge Government's internal maneuvering - not just HR-Descroix-New Kiev, but Janacek-Houseman and especially Harrington-Draskovic. If only Honor had yelled loudly enough to carry through the wall, that episode would've joined White Haven's legendary bashing of Janacek.

To some extent, we're seeing a little of that in the Solarian League, but I hope to see a realistic portrayal of the inevitable friction between Havenites and Manticorans.

Something along the lines of Vizeadmiral Bin-hwei Morser and Honor Harrington's relationship, although that never had time to be developed.

I'm certain that at some point, a bar will end up containing personnel from both Navies exchanging stories over beers. Maybe someone says something rather insensitive. Boom. The Shore Patrol is paged.
Post by Hutch   » Thu May 22, 2014 8:57 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

One interesting encounter we presume to have taken place (but never seen on-screen) was Cathy Montague and Ginny Usher. Besides vibrant humor and a hatred of slavery, they also have a shared goal to embarass the men in their lives....can you imagine those two on a shopping spree.

And for one for the future, Victor and Usher comparing notes with Pat Givens.....which of course if they told us about it, they'd have to kill us....
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 11:28 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
Helga Boltitz meeting and having lunch with Stacy Hauptman. What Stacy, with all of her money and power, could do for Helga. Stacy could even hire Helga to head up her new news media. That luncheon could turn out to be the most historical bread-breaking for an entire poor planet of Dresdeners.

munroburton wrote:
I hope Gwen has had enough time to soften Helga's harsher attitudes towards the powerful and rich. Otherwise, that meeting could be quite interesting. :P

:lol:
Indeed, and I considered that. That is why I chose Stacy. She strikes me as rich and powerful, but down to Earth. Grounded. She won me over when she won Honor over with her values. Meeting Klaus Hauptman first would probably fall under the heading of a disastrously spoiled luncheon.
munroburton wrote:
Actually, I'd like to see a little more antagonism/friction. One of the best parts of War of Honor was watching the High Ridge Government's internal maneuvering - not just HR-Descroix-New Kiev, but Janacek-Houseman and especially Harrington-Draskovic. If only Honor had yelled loudly enough to carry through the wall, that episode would've joined White Haven's legendary bashing of Janacek.

I love your directing skills. Act 1, Scene 1. Action! :lol:

munroburton wrote:
To some extent, we're seeing a little of that in the Solarian League, but I hope to see a realistic portrayal of the inevitable friction between Havenites and Manticorans.

Something along the lines of Vizeadmiral Bin-hwei Morser and Honor Harrington's relationship, although that never had time to be developed.

I'm certain that at some point, a bar will end up containing personnel from both Navies exchanging stories over beers. Maybe someone says something rather insensitive. Boom. The Shore Patrol is paged.

Act 2, Scene 1. Action! :lol:

I have to admit having been disappointed that Chien-lu Anderman didn't come to the big party with Elizabeth, Eloise and Benjamin. I'd like to see them have that friendly little luncheon.

Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 11:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:One interesting encounter we presume to have taken place (but never seen on-screen) was Cathy Montague and Ginny Usher. Besides vibrant humor and a hatred of slavery, they also have a shared goal to embarass the men in their lives....can you imagine those two on a shopping spree.

And for one for the future, Victor and Usher comparing notes with Pat Givens.....which of course if they told us about it, they'd have to kill us....

About that image of Cathy and Ginny. Tasty.

Victor, Usher and Pat would be one hell of a debriefing. Good call. I'd like it if Grayson Naval Intelligence is represented as well. They pulled Manticore's nuts out of the fire a few times during the High Ridge debacle.

Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 1:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You know, it would be nice for Honor and Nimitz to have lunch with Dr. Illescue, and in the spirit of speed dating, have a quick session with every single employee. That oughta put paid to that entire mystery.

Post by roseandheather   » Thu May 22, 2014 1:40 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I need Estelle to meet Eloise. So badly. I mean, just think about the possibilities of getting those two in the same room!! I think even Elizabeth would just sit back and watch in awe.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Thu May 22, 2014 5:03 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It'd also be interesting if Dr. Illescue and the Senior Harringtons could bury the hatchett and have dinner. It would be awkward in the early going for certain, but I feel maturity and respect would win over. I'd like to know what those three accomplished colleagues could do in unison. Perhaps recent breakthroughs and/or theories could even help Emily.

Post by MaxxQ   » Thu May 22, 2014 7:14 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

cthia wrote:You know, it would be nice for Honor and Nimitz to have lunch with Dr. Illescue, and in the spirit of speed dating, have a quick session with every single employee. That oughta put paid to that entire mystery.

Nice idea, but I get the impression that Illescue wouldn't go for it. Not because of any issues with Honor or Nimitz, but because I think his personality wouldn't accept that sort of outside assistance - especially from the wronged party (Honor). I'd think he'd prefer to take care of it in-house.

Return to Honorverse