Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests

SLN Uniforms

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SLN Uniforms
Post by Michael Riddell   » Tue May 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Michael Riddell
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dunno, some men like 'em big.... Benny Hill's character in the original "Italian Job"?

Can't see the attraction myself.

Going back to the image, it's an interesting concept, but it remains to be seen what the final design is.

Mike.
---------------------
Gonnae no DAE that!

Why?

Just gonnae NO!
---------------------
Post by namelessfly   » Tue May 27, 2014 6:13 pm

namelessfly

PalmerSperry wrote:
phillies wrote:The side with the gaudier dress uniforms always loses.

It is not yet apparent that the Invincible Solarian League Navy actually lives up to this rule, but perhaps we have not yet seen Kingsford being summoned to testify to the Solarian League parliamentary object, and perhaps the author has not yet provided us with a description of the full dress uniform, white, with some pounds of gold brocade in the dress cape.

Borrowing from another author's universe here, but is there any truth to the rumour that the SLN is just beginning the process of issuing a new model skin suit? The main difference seems to be the new colour for the lower half - brown! :lol:

That is what you might call an SLN Combat Decoration?
Post by dreamrider   » Wed May 28, 2014 3:20 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

If any of you folks actually think that the SLN has demonstrated wholesale cravenness, you haven't been reading David's words.

Arrogance? Yes.
Ignorance of developments that should be their professional duty to follow? Yes.
Cowardice? Not so much.

dreamrider
Post by munroburton   » Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

munroburton
Admiral

Only barely related, but there was a scene in Shadow of Saganami when Helen described a reception of some kind on Old Earth.

She grimaced. "You know my dad was still in uniform when we were there, right?"
Heads nodded, and her grimace turned even sourer.
"Well, we were at a party one night, and I overheard this woman - I found out later she was a Solly assemblywoman, no less - pointing Daddy out to one of her friends and saying 'Look at that. He looks just like he belongs to a real navy, doesn't he?'"

So it's possible that the RMN and SLN uniforms have similarities. It's a very tenuous link, based upon the assumption that the assemblywoman in question thought the only real Navy belonged to the League.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed May 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Actually, i would say that this just means that both uniforms are recognisable as naval uniforms, and that the assemblywoman is saying since its not a SLN uniform, hes obviously not in a real navy.

munroburton wrote:Only barely related, but there was a scene in Shadow of Saganami when Helen described a reception of some kind on Old Earth.

She grimaced. "You know my dad was still in uniform when we were there, right?"
Heads nodded, and her grimace turned even sourer.
"Well, we were at a party one night, and I overheard this woman - I found out later she was a Solly assemblywoman, no less - pointing Daddy out to one of her friends and saying 'Look at that. He looks just like he belongs to a real navy, doesn't he?'"

So it's possible that the RMN and SLN uniforms have similarities. It's a very tenuous link, based upon the assumption that the assemblywoman in question thought the only real Navy belonged to the League.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by WLBjork   » Thu May 29, 2014 2:49 am

WLBjork
Commander

Ooh, the possibilities for RFC to inject a little humour based on that comment! :lol:

Return to Honorverse