Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Missile Counter Missile

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Missile Counter Missile
Post by packhunter   » Thu May 29, 2014 3:23 pm

packhunter
Lieutenant Commander

Current tech vs Next gen tech levels as I see it.

What we see right now fielded by the Alliance. What we see from hybrid haven manty tech during the opening mid phases of the next conflict. And what we see once Manticore, Grayson, Bewolef, and an upgraded Haven and Andies will have near the final phases. Will all be significantly different tech.

In game mechanics terms.

What the Manties have now should probably be classified as a level 3 upgrade. With Haven at level 2. Manticore already researched (in most areas) but hadn't deployed its level 4. The sollies are probably at a level 1.1 (if you include Halo, pods, and cataprachts). Figure Maya and Erwhoen are at a level 1.75 moving to 2. The MAlign seems to have some 1.75, but also has a different tech tree thats has some 3-4.5 in certain fields.

Manticore Haven Hybrid tech will likely be something like a 2.75 trending up to 3 as Haven upgrades its general base. They are likely to only have to fight a solly 1.5 though.

Its the next phase where the tech trees levels will have some huge changes. I'd expect the Grand Alliance to go from level 3 deployed to level 6 deployed (research would have carried on but at an accelerated rate due to Alliane synergies) once the new yards hit their stride. If not higher. The MAlign will likely have a solid level 5 fleet at that time but likely still some what in the shadows. I don't expext the Sollies will be around as a single entity, but the many pocket empires will likely be using a level 2.5 tech base.

What all that means for individual systems I can only speculate at. But I bet the difference capability wise will be something on the order of the difference between tech during the Travis Long story arc (level 0) and the tech used at the Battle of Manticore. Aka a level 3 fighting a level 6 would basically just be targets, targets that won't even scratch the 6's paint. And may not even be able to see the 6's killing them.

Return to Honorverse