Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

First three books

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
First three books
Post by DianeSilva   » Sun May 18, 2014 7:36 pm

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Well I have finished the first three books in the Honor series . Needless to say I'm hooked lol. Enjoyed them very much. I love the strength of Honors character. She knows her stuff and she sure gets the job done. I loved how in Honor of theQueen she gave a pretty good beating to Mr Houseman. I look forward to the rest of the series. Although it may take me awhile . I'm also reading Hells Gate. Love it
Re: First three books
Post by roseandheather   » Sun May 18, 2014 7:37 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

DianeSilva wrote:Well I have finished the first three books in the Honor series . Needless to say I'm hooked lol. Enjoyed them very much. I love the strength of Honors character. She knows her stuff and she sure gets the job done. I loved how in Honor of theQueen she gave a pretty good beating to Mr Houseman. I look forward to the rest of the series. Although it may take me awhile . I'm also reading Hells Gate. Love it

Oh, my sweet summer child.
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Jonathan_S   » Sun May 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

DianeSilva wrote:Well I have finished the first three books in the Honor series . Needless to say I'm hooked lol. Enjoyed them very much. I love the strength of Honors character. She knows her stuff and she sure gets the job done. I loved how in Honor of theQueen she gave a pretty good beating to Mr Houseman.
Right that's the scene I'd wanted your reaction to, once you'd reached it. (Since you'd said how, in the 1st book, you'd liked Honor's strength in resisting pressure to compromise her beliefs / duty)
Post by J6P   » Sun May 18, 2014 8:07 pm

J6P
Captain (Junior Grade)

DianeSilva wrote:Well I have finished the first three books in the Honor series . Needless to say I'm hooked lol. Enjoyed them very much. I love the strength of Honors character. She knows her stuff and she sure gets the job done. I loved how in Honor of theQueen she gave a pretty good beating to Mr Houseman. I look forward to the rest of the series. Although it may take me awhile . I'm also reading Hells Gate. Love it

Enjoy oh Addict!

Use that library well. Put a hold on all of the books. Must read Service of the Sword before Crown of Slaves and Shadow of Saganami. Otherwise in sequential order of publication date works.
Post by DianeSilva   » Tue May 20, 2014 8:12 pm

DianeSilva
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Jonathan_S wrote:
DianeSilva wrote:Well I have finished the first three books in the Honor series . Needless to say I'm hooked lol. Enjoyed them very much. I love the strength of Honors character. She knows her stuff and she sure gets the job done. I loved how in Honor of theQueen she gave a pretty good beating to Mr Houseman.
Right that's the scene I'd wanted your reaction to, once you'd reached it. (Since you'd said how, in the 1st book, you'd liked Honor's strength in resisting pressure to compromise her beliefs / duty)

Hi Jonathan. I thought that Houseman fellow was such a jerk. He got what he deserved . Something tells me however that someone will try to pay her back in kind. Oh do I have some delicious reading to do !
Post by Direwolf18   » Tue May 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

Hehe he cried like a little girl... One of my favorite scenes.

And yes I understand the irony/ridiculousness of my statement when a girl (albeit a big girl who is more then part superhuman) is the one to knock his cowardly ass down.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Over the years she will have to deal with a number of...creatures of Houseman's type. Some of them will survive the experience.

Treecats are even more direct: Some enemies have been suitably dealt with. The rest are still breathing.
---------------
Don't open that!! It's the original can of worms!
Post by roseandheather   » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I just find it hilarious that of my twelve darlings, Diane's only met four. :lol: Oh, what is in her future!! :D

(...lots of tears. All the tears. His Celeryness feeds on the tears of his readers. :mrgreen: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Commodore Oakius   » Fri May 23, 2014 10:14 am

Commodore Oakius
Captain (Junior Grade)

How do I envy thee! :mrgreen:
I borrow a quote from Deep Space 9's 3rd season episode, "The Visitor," "After I had read them all I wished I could forget them so I could read them all again for the first time!"
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Fri May 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

"Wish to read again for the first time"
was first said to Sir Walter Scott.

It was *never* said to Jane Austen!
To her one says "I wish I'd already completed the
Second Reading, so I could go directly to the Third!"

HTM

Commodore Oakius wrote:How do I envy thee! :mrgreen:
I borrow a quote from Deep Space 9's 3rd season episode, "The Visitor," "After I had read them all I wished I could forget them so I could read them all again for the first time!"

Return to Honorverse