Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests

Eloise Pritchard's eye color

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Eloise Pritchard's eye color
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 3:34 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:When someone talk generally about the colour of topaz, it´s normally yellow that is the primary part.

But yellow in this, generalised case can be stretched a fair bit, so golden-yellow-brown is easily within bounds as long as the focus is at least vaguely towards yellow.

This shows the more common "classic" variations, with the middle one often being the most "expected":
http://www.percymarks.com.au/wp-content ... hstone.jpg

Of course, as already mentioned, topaz in reality is a lot more colourful.

The particular earrings I purchased were left, middle. The lighter the color tended to be the most expensive, all else being equal.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by namelessfly   » Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm

namelessfly

pushmar wrote:The author has said various times that Eloise Prichard has topaz-colored eyes. So, not being sure what that meant, I went to Wikipedia to see, it says, "... typical topaz is wine, yellow, pale gray, reddish-orange, or blue brown. It can also be made white, pale green, blue, gold, pink (rare), reddish-yellow or opaque to transparent/translucent."

Here is Wikipedia's photo of topaz.

I guess we'll never know until the author clarifies.

Dirty old man that I am, I am more interested in her bra size.
Post by runsforcelery   » Sun May 18, 2014 4:46 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

cthia wrote:When I bought the earrings for Oana is when I found out that the true color of a Topaz stone is colorless and transparent.

http://www.gemselect.com/other-info/topaz-colors.php

Think the color of the "Imperial Topaz" from your url. And, yes, they do shimmer in the light, Rose. :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by SaganamiFan   » Sun May 18, 2014 5:07 pm

SaganamiFan
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

namelessfly wrote:Dirty old man that I am, I am more interested in her bra size.

Seeing how Hollywood usually works, so will be most casting directors...
Post by roseandheather   » Sun May 18, 2014 6:21 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
cthia wrote:When I bought the earrings for Oana is when I found out that the true color of a Topaz stone is colorless and transparent.

Think the color of the "Imperial Topaz" from your url. And, yes, they do shimmer in the light, Rose. :lol:

*dramatic thunk! as Rose faints spectacularly*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun May 18, 2014 8:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:

Thanks RFC. Just like I said, Oana's eyes are like a kaleidoscope. If I didn't know better, I'd think she was alien. Noone believes her eyes are real. They are not contacts. Her mother has them too. But her older sister Iona doesn't. I'm telling you, they're mesmerizing. They're scheduled to visit this summer. I am looking forward to seeing her eyes reflecting a burning fire.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse