Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 41 guests

Missiles

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Missiles
Post by batron352   » Sat May 10, 2014 2:29 pm

batron352
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Don't want to open a can of worms. Is there a thread that lists the stats of the missiles from the books? The Honorvurse wiki page doesn't really list a lot of them.
Re: Missiles
Post by MaxxQ   » Sat May 10, 2014 4:26 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

batron352 wrote:Don't want to open a can of worms. Is there a thread that lists the stats of the missiles from the books? The Honorvurse wiki page doesn't really list a lot of them.

Nope. There's a size comparison drawing in one of the early books, but those are from pre-Great Resizing, and are probably not accurate even then due to printing errors or resizing in one direction or another to fit the pages.

OTOH, *I* (and the rest of BuNine) have pretty accurate info, as well as 3D models built for pretty much everything missile-related Manticore has used since OBS, but have not yet received permission to post them. You can see a blocked-in version of the Fearless' CMs at the DeviantArt link in my sig, but it would be difficult to get any hard numbers from those pics.

If I *do* get permission, the stats will be posted just like they are on the Fearless pic(s).
Post by Lord Skimper   » Tue May 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

You do realise the picture here still says the Nike has KH2.

http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/art/H ... -402966628
Post by namelessfly   » Tue May 20, 2014 5:12 pm

namelessfly

Lord Skimper wrote:You do realise the picture here still says the Nike has KH2.

Unlike an Ageemnon which can carry 360 Apolo pods internally,

A Nike has KH-2 because it can not carry Apollo pods except may be 100 tractored to its hull.

It makes such perfect sense does it not that the ship that has no use for KH-2 has a KH-2 but the ship that could usefully employ KH-2 does not.

Of course this might be related to our conspiracy to have me exploit the Apollo for BC(P) controversy to provoke Weber into stating that KH-2 has an impeller wedge so youcouldstarta thread that suckered him into stating that it does not.

Are we not diabolical?
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

namelessfly wrote:

A Nike has KH-2 because it can not carry Apollo pods except may be 100 tractored to its hull.

It makes such perfect sense does it not that the ship that has no use for KH-2 has a KH-2 but the ship that could usefully employ KH-2 does not.

Of course this might be related to our conspiracy to have me exploit the Apollo for BC(P) controversy to provoke Weber into stating that KH-2 has an impeller wedge so youcouldstarta thread that suckered him into stating that it does not.

Are we not diabolical?

...what
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by crewdude48   » Wed May 21, 2014 1:50 am

crewdude48
Commodore

namelessfly wrote:

Or, and here is an odd thought, there was a typo when that picture was made. I suspect that is more likely to be that the Nike carries a second generation KH1 rather than a KH2, and that could be where the error crept in.
Post by Duckk   » Wed May 21, 2014 7:18 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Both myself and David have already said that Nikes don't carry KH2. I don't see why people can't understand this. I don't think we're using big words...

EDIT: Typo :oops:
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by n7axw   » Wed May 21, 2014 8:40 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Duckk wrote:Both myself and David have already said that Nikes carry don't KH2. I don't see why people can't understand this. I don't think we're using big words...

Can't resist.. don't know what a "don't KH2" is. :lol:

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Duckk   » Wed May 21, 2014 9:17 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Derp. Transposed two words =P
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by namelessfly   » Wed May 21, 2014 10:25 am

namelessfly

Duckk wrote:Both myself and David have already said that Nikes don't carry KH2. I don't see why people can't understand this. I don't think we're using big words...

EDIT: Typo :oops:

We understand that it was a typo.

I am just having fun with it.

Return to Honorverse